VII

CHAPTER 7

*A/N - Watch for change in POV in the chapter*

"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."

-Cesar A. Cruz

It was lightly drizzling outside, making the air frosty and the ground icy, I could see the fog around the street lights on the driveway. I shivered and turned up the heater, wearing a comfortable loose T-shirt and sweatpants I got in to bed. After trying every position possible for the next 35 minutes, I got up to grab some water and swallowed a sleeping pill, then jumped back under the covers, closing my eyes. I prayed I would see my family again tonight.

And I did.

I found myself standing by a lake, my feet bare and my hair open flying around with the light wind. Someone walked up behind me, I turned and smiled as mother intertwined her hand with mine. I remember this lake, it's Lake Thompson. We would come here to watch the beautiful sunsets.

"It's so beautiful, mom."

"It's little things in life honey, you have to appreciate them. Be thankful for them. And always treasure the love you have."

"I will. Always."

"Then why didn't you?" Another voice asked, I turned around and I saw my father. He looked... dissapointed. "Why didn't you treasure your loved ones? Why didn't you appreciate them?" He asked angrily.

My mom's hand in mine vanished, the lake vanished and all I could see around us was fire. Mom was now beside dad and she wore a hurt expression. "Why'd you abandon us sweetie?"

The fire was only getting larger and I started to panic. "I'm sorry, mom, dad. I'm sorry, please we have to go. We have to run."

"They won't go anywhere with you Scarlie, they're dead." He whispered obnoxiously in my ear. I jerked back out of fear, Logan stood there, he walked up to me, grabbed my face and turned it to face my parents again. The heat of the fire started making my head hurt, the fire started taking them away. "And you killed them." He snarled.

"NOOO!" I bolted upright in my bed, screaming. I could feel cold sweat running on my back, and my throat felt dry. I glanced at the clock, it read 4.43AM. I grabbed the water bottle on my bedside and quenched my thirst, and fell back on the bed.

After ten more minutes tossing and turning, I knew wouldn't fall asleep anymore. I gave up and went to brush my teeth. Looking in the mirror, I almost cringed at my dark circles, I've had them for the past year but they were starting to fade with the sleeping and depression pills putting me to sleep. But they looked like they were growing again. My hair looked messy and I looked as pale as a ghost.

After freshening up and a few morning stretches, I went down to the kitchen to have some cereal and coffee. I flipped on the TV and watched some cartoons, trying to get my mind off the dreams and the light ache in my chest.

♡♡♡

ALEXANDER

"You better get your ass down for breakfast Alex! Quit stroking the walls all the time." I genuinely felt bad for the guy that got stuck with Mary, my older sister.

I walked out of my room holding my dirty paint brushes. "At least I'm not stroking Ethan's-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence young man, go wash up for breakfast." Said Ma with a stern look. I grinned sheepishly and walked towards the sink letting all the colours from my brushes drown with the water. I washed my hands that had dried splotches all over them and put away my utensils.