"You know quite well that that isn't the case, Aragorn. If it was, then Legolas wouldn't come to me searching for her," she then chanced a sideways look at him as she snickered at the confused look he wore, "Do not think that I do not know you were eavesdropping on our conversation earlier." Turning to him fully at this, she could see the slight look of embarrassment spread throughout his stubbled and worn features.

Celine shook her head after some time, the entertainment of seeing the look of unease on Aragorn's face gradually wearing off. Turning back to look at the skies, she eventually answered,

"She's dead." Her voice was grim when she spoke. The tone she used low and lifeless as if she had literally lost a part of her when it happened. The tough and unphased front she pulled up not quite doing the best of jobs at the moment.

Aragorn froze in his spot, "Luna?" His brows furrowed, sensing that 60 years of grievance was still not enough and that the mourning is still near up until now.

The girl nodded, her composure slowly crumbling down to her feet. She had always been like this whenever the topic of Luna was brought up. Which is also the main reason why she refused to speak of it in front of the elf.

It was already enough that he saw me cry because of him once.

I have no intentions of doing it a second time. .

Especially not now.

Unaware of the inner conflict that she was facing and way too caught up with his own intrigue, the Dunedain pressed on, "And Legolas didn't know?"

This caused a bitter laugh to escape the bluenette's trembling lips, "Of course he didn't. How would he? It was the least of his problems." Shaking her head and clenching her fists around the poor metal rails, she continued "Besides, he never really cared." Her voice betraying her by cracking in the end.

Aragorn allowed himself a deep breath, "So there had been something." He looked down at the girl with gentleness in his eyes, tilting his head down a bit as he searched the thin curtains of blue for her lilac hues.

Another shake of the head, "Who said there had been anything?" She practically spat out, lavender eyes turning to glare at him. The anger in them unfaltering even through the tears of pain that shone like clear bright diamonds sat atop glimmering amethyst gems.

"Your actions are steadfast in denying it yet your emotions prove otherwise. I know the pain caused by heartache when I see it, there's no disowning such deep a cut like one that had gone through the heart." He spoke softly, rising a hand up to lay a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I am no stranger to that pain. But I can see that you have gone through worse, Celine." The Dunedain could feel his own chest clenching as he saw more of the droplets falling from one bowed head, it doubled when he saw the smaller body visibling shaking from restrained tears.

A frustrated little growl escaped her lips as she felt herself shatter once more, "Why?!" She felt like punching something but the tremulous state her body was in limited her movement to pathetically clutching the railings and doubling over, "Why does it hurt so much? Why do I have to always be reminded of the damned past I was trying to forget?" She looked up at him with a glare, still refusing to succumb entirely to pain and resorting to blaming him for reminding her instead.

Yes, it's better to let anger take control of it. It feels less excruciating that way.

"Maybe it was because you were never meant to forget it in the first place?" The Dunedain barely resisted the urge to wrap this now fragile little girl in his arms,  "Maybe it was because a part of those memories you are trying to forget are the most precious ones that you had kept in your heart? And I know you know that when you engrave something in your heart, it will be there forever." His voice was soft and his eyes glazed over as if he was speaking from experience.