Chapter Sixty-Four

Start from the beginning

My nerves were running rampant when Blayze pulled into Doctor Glen and Margaret's driveway.
Part of me was extremely excited about seeing the little bean inside of me again.
But it felt a little nerve wracking being here about to do it all with Blayze.
It made it all feel so real.
Yet, nothing between us has exactly changed.
We're pretending all is hunky dory, when really everything is a shambles.
We're living in a false pretence.
"We've got a few minutes to let Zuke out for the toilet."
Blayze explained.
That's a relief.
Wouldn't want him to have an accident in Blayze's car.
I looked over my shoulder to see that my puppy had scrambled to his feet, his eyes blurry with sleep, upon hearing his name.
"Good boy Zukey."
I crooned.
Blayze opened his door and I snapped back into reality.
We're on a time schedule.
I unbuckled my belt and pushed the passenger door open.
Zuke was waiting for me at the back door with a wagging tail and a wriggling body.
"C'mon bud let's take you somewhere to toilet."
I coached, scooping the puppy into my arms.

"Why hello there!"
Margaret Spencer greeted with a huge white grin, her cheeks only a couple of shades different to her bright red hair, which was almost entirely covered by the polka dotted bandana she was wearing.
Black rimmed rectangle glasses perched on her nose and she was clutching a dusting rag and bottle of cleaning spray.
I smiled quickiy.
"Hey Margaret."
Glen went by 'Doctor Glen' rather than 'Doctor Spencer', because ninety-nine percent of the patients he see's are locals so he feels it's more appropriate if they call him Doctor Glen.
Which led to people calling his wife by her name rather than 'Mrs. Spencer'.
"Blayze."
Margaret greeted.
"Margaret."
He returned.
Margaret eyed me from head to toe.
"How're things going with you Missy?"
"Good thank you."
I told her, wringing my hands together in front of myself.
She smiled.
"You're looking well."
"We're trying to implement some of your Nutritional advice."
I explained.
"When I can keep it down that is..."
Margaret had e-mailed Mum some basic guidelines for us to try to implement a few weeks back.
Margaret rolled her eyes.
"The way your beautiful Grandmother cooks I wasn't exactly worried. Just thought I'd let you guys know a few things new research has brought to light."
"And we appreciate it."
I assured her.
Margaret gestured to a nearby hallway.
"Head on out back. Glen's waitin for ya."
"Okay. Thanks Margaret."
"No worries at all. I'm glad to hear you're doing well."
She smiled.

"Well hello!"
Doctor Glen's cheery face greeted us and he pulled his wire rimmed glasses off his nose as he climbed out of his desk chair and came around the large oak wood desk.
I felt a light blush dust my cheeks.
"Hey."
I greeted, stepping to the side in the doorway so that Blayze could get in too.
"Blayze."
Doctor Glen stepped forward with his right hand extended.
Blayze shook his hand.
"Glen."
Doctor Glen glanced between us.
"So how's things going?"
Being who the Doctor is, he probably means not only the baby/pregnancy, but also 'Blayze and I'.
I decided to stick to the safer and more obvious subject of the pregnancy.
"Battling some morning sickness but other than that I think it's okay."
I explained.
"Hmmm..."
Doctor Glen mused, leaning back against the corner of his desk.
Hmm?
What does that even mean?
"Was the time that Blayze and Lukas brought you in here before the hospital the worst of the sickness?"
Doctor Glen questioned.
"I went to hospital again, but not as extreme I remained conscious all the way and everything."
"Great."
Doctor Glen nodded.
Great?
What the?
Beside me, Blayze laughed.
Probably at my expression.
"Well, not great but I'm glad you got control on it before you wound up as bad as the last time I seen you."
Doctor Glen explained, pushing off from his desk.
Right.
"So I guess you wanna get a wriggle on with this checkup then?"
Doctor Glen asked.
I was in two minds.
Part of me definitely wanted to get things underway.
"Yeah let's do it."
Blayze agreed.
Damn.
"Righto Bailey, come sit on this bed here and I'll run a few basic ob's to start with."
"Like the ones they kept doing to me at the hospital?"
I asked, heading for the long, thin bed he'd gestured to.
"Mostly, yeah."
Doctor Glen agreed.
Great.
Doctor Glen grinned.
"Sorry about that!"
Smiling, I shook my head.
I guess this is just something I'm going to have to get used to.