Chapter Two: The Last Straw (COMPLETED REVISION)

The sun was starting to descend below the watery horizon in front of me. Orange and pink rays were bouncing everywhere, giving everything a soft glow.

The sand under me was cooling down, but was still slightly warm.

Sometimes, I dread the night. Because that means I have to go home. Well, I don't really consider it home anymore. It's just a place where I sleep. A house with people inside of it.

"You seem to have a lot on your mind."

I jumped at his voice, not expecting to hear him say anything after not speaking for so long.

His hazel eyes had the reflection of the sunset in them and turned an orange-ish coloring, giving the illusion that they were glowing orbs of fire. His brown hair was still pulled back in a bun and the light lit up the planes on his face, accentuating his chiseled features. He looked like a God. Just in my honest opinion.

I felt my body get hot all over again, embarrassment flushing my body all over again. I still couldn't believe that he was sitting here with me. That he was actually here. I wasn't quite sure if he'd gotten here in time to watch the entire scene that we filmed earlier.

"Um, no. Just thinking about what I'm going to eat on the way home."

"The way you were concentrating, you would think you were trying to conjure the food here," he chuckled.

"Hardy har har," I joked. "What're you still even doing here?" He picked up a rocked and tossed it into the water. I watched as it plunked into the waves and disappeared.

"Just waiting on you so we can go have dinner," he smiled at me.

"Ha, yeah right," I sniggered. When he didn't laugh with me, I saw he was serious. I wasn't expecting that. By now, I should now that this has been one of the most peculiar days of my life. Nothing was expected. My nerves went haywire as I thought about the topic over dinner.

May I have you as the sundae with a cherry on top, please? I could just hear him now, thinking he can get a great lay from the poor pathetic porn star.

No, don't assume. I told myself. So far he's been far from the asshole I pegged him to be. Maybe I was so unsure because I doubted myself.

I've never been on a date before. I've never had a boyfriend. I lost my virginity to Jet so that I could get into the porn business. It was my audition. Lame right? Yeah, I know. That part of my life is nonexistent.

"Um, l-like a date?" I ran a nervous hand through my hair.

Liam chuckled. "Or we can go as friends. Get to know each other."

I smiled and tried to hide the relief I felt. There was no way I could handle that after everything that happened today.

"I see I'm going to have a lot to teach you. Your face looked as if Jesus himself came to earth to crucify you," he teased.

"Oh shut up. Where do you want me to meet you?" He still had that smile on his face.

"Well, here's your first lesson. When a guy and girl go on a date, the gentleman usually picks up the beautiful lady. So the correct question is, when you should be ready."

My whole persona changed. "No. You can't pick me up." There was no way in hell I was going to let him see my house. That place was-is for trash. Which is why I have to get out of there.

"Why? Are you married?" his curiosity was starting to get annoying. Why couldn't he just comply already?

"No. But, I don't know you well enough for you to be picking me up. I'm a big girl. I can meet you there, "I answered with a shrug before saying, "Plus, you said it wasn't a date."