Chapter 7- "Taylor!!"

Taylor's POV

We got out of that building and got away from WICKED, but once we were a safe distance I stopped walking. My eyes hurt from crying silently to myself and my head was spinning. I had just lost the last family I'd probably have. The family I'm actually related too that is. I know that the others are my family, but Thomas was my actual brother.

"Taylor?" Teresa said, once she realized I stopped following.

I looked up at Teresa and seen that she and a few of the others were looking at me. I looked everyone in the eyes, as I felt mine start to sting. In just a second I fell on my knees and started to cry. In just a moment I felt someone hug me. I pulled back and seen it was Minho. I tried to stop crying but I just fell right back into his arms and cried my heart out.

"Come on. We better go, before WICKED finds us." Newt said.

"Yea." I agreed.

I stood up with the help of Minho and stared to walk. We walked for a few hours. Till I started to hear sounds.

"What was that?" I asked.

"What? I head nothing." Fry pan said. After he said that the sound I heard got louder.

"That!" I said.

"I heard it." Minho said.

"Don't tell me." I started. I then turned around and seen figures. "Cranks... RUN!" I yelled.

We then started to run. Jorge was slow, but was fast enough to keep up. As we ran, the screeching got louder. I quickly took a look back and seen they were following. When I turned back around, I heard Newt swear. We then had to jump over a column that had fallen on the street. Minho and I were closer so we stopped and made sure everyone else made it over safely. When we were helping Jorge jump over, I seen that in his bag was a few guns. I quickly grabbed one and started to shoot.

"Aim for the heads!!" Jorge yelled, once he seen what I was doing.

As Minho was still helping Jorge over and the Cranks were closing in, I still wasn't hitting any of them. I then thought of what happened to Winston one they got him. How just by a scratch can infect you. I didn't want the others to die, so I ran towards the cranks.

"Taylor!!" They yelled.

As I ran towards the Cranks I kept firing. I managed to hit them, but not in the head. When I was a few meters away I stopped running and managed to get the head. One by one, I managed to shoot them down. But I wasn't so fast on the last one. He managed to jump on me.

"Taylor!!" I heard everyone cry out.

I fell to the ground and it kept trying to bite me. I held its arms so it wouldn't scratch me and made sure to keep a safe distance from its mouth. With all my strength, I pushed the Crank off me and tried to reach the gun. I nearly had it, but the Crank grabbed my leg and pulled me towards him. So, I kicked him in the head. He fell backwards and I rushed to the gun. When the Crank was going to jump at me again, I fired the gun.

Newt's POV

Once I was over the column, Taylor and Minho were helping the others. The last one they had to help was Jorge. The Cranks we're still heading right towards us, and they were having trouble getting Jorge over. I was afraid that they wouldn't make it. As Minho was trying to push Jorge over I seen Taylor reach for something in Jorge's bag. When she pulled it out, I seen it was a gun. She then turned around and started to shoot.

"Aim for the heads!!" Jorge advised.

She tried, but was failing. The distance was to far for her. All of a sudden it looked like she went into deep thought. The next thing we knew, she was running right at them.

"Taylor!!" We all yelled. Except for Minho and Jorge.

As she was running at them, she kept firing. She was hitting them, but not in the head. When she was a few meters away she stopped running, but she still kept firing. One by one she managed to hit them down. But there was one that managed to jump at her.

"Taylor!!" We all yelled this time.

We could see that Taylor was struggling to not get hurt. Just seeing this made me remember about what happened to Winston. Eventually she managed to push the Crank off her and tried to reach for the gun she had. But the Crank grabbed her leg and dragged her towards him. Taylor then kicked him in the side of the head, and he fell backwards. She then rushed towards the gun and when she had it raised, the Crank jumped at her. One shot was heard as the Crank fell on top of her. There was no movement after that. We thought that Taylor was dead and that the Crank was now eating her.

"Taylor!!" Minho yelled as he ran towards her body.

The rest of us started to jump back over the column so we could chase after Minho. When Minho reached Taylor's body and the Crank he grabbed the Crank and threw him off her. But the thing is. The Crank didn't move. Maybe Taylor did manage to kill the Crank before he jumped on her. Then he killed her some how.

"Taylor..." Minho sighed. He then lifted her upper half and hugged her. "I'm so sorry..." He cried.

"Minho... Your squishing me!" Someone said. It was Taylor!!

"Thank god!" Teresa said.

"Are you crazy? You could have killed yourself!" Jorge asked.

"Everyone's crazy in their own way. But I did what I did to keep my family safe." Taylor replied.