21.

Melanie Stephen

Since Miles practically gave me the key to his place, I've been coming over a lot and vice versa. I keyed into the house and was immediately greeted by diamond with her loud barking which silenced once she seen that it was me.

She jumped up and down barking here and there before jumping onto me.

"Down diamond." I said sternly and she did as told. I sighed while hanging my jacket on the coat rack and walked down the marble pathway. I sat the laptop bag on the island and made my way to the sink to wash my hands before I go in the fridge.

I air dried my hands and pulled on the fridge handle, exposing all the food that was bought over this past weekend. I couldn't decide if I wanted fruit and yogurt or a bowl of ice cream. Miles would want me to eat the yogurt since the ice cream is his, but he's not here right now so I guess it'll be ice cream.

I grabbed the nice sized tub of strawberry gelato and headed over to the couch. I grabbed the tv remote and tuned in to 'Atlanta' since it wasn't anything else on right now.

My phone rang in the back pocket of my pants and I sat up to check to see who it could be. To my surprise it was Jayceon. I picked up immediately.

"Hey are you busy?" He asked.

"Hey uh no I'm not why?"

"Come open the door." He chuckled. I laughed to myself since I wasn't at home.

"Uh I'm not home." I smiled.

"Damn where you at?" He asked.

"At a friend's house, what's up?"

"I thought that I should call you back since you needed to say something important and I cut you off which I apologize for that."

"Well I think you should be sitting down when I tell you this." I sighed.

"Oh shit it's that serious?"

"Yeah it is Jay." I said while lowering my head. I already know what his reaction is gonna be like.

"Okay I'm ready go ahead and tell me baby."

I breathed in and let out a long sigh. "Well I went to the hospital the other day since I passed out and um they ran some tests and well Jay I'm—"

"Pregnant right?" He finished the sentence for me.

"Yeah I am." I said feeling my voice become shaky.

"Wow word? I mean do you know how far along you are? I can't believe you carrying my seed." He said excitedly. I could do nothing but shake my head at his response.

"Yeah I'm four weeks and have my first appointment tomorrow, but that's not why you should be sitting down, there's more to it."

"What's the problem now?"

"I uh slept with another guy and it's a possibility that it could be his child also. Of course I'm gonna get a DNA test done to be sure... I'm really sorry and I never meant to—"