unbound, untamed [chapter 4]

Start from the beginning

"Not fair!" I screamed but only answer I got was Ian's laugh in my head.

I quickly took after him. Now I really had to work if I wanted to win (what I of course did). We got out of the forest and soon after we had to make sharp turn to the left if we wanted to go straight to the front steps. I had almost caught up with Ian by that point. As we made the turn I thought that it should look really funny for bystanders because we skidded in the turn like cars. You know, "Tokyo Drift" style. Ian slid further and I took advantage of it pushing myself forward harder.

I was in the lead and when it was just two more leaps to the stair I thought "yes!" But in that exact moment Kari showed up from the other direction and with a gracious leap landed on the steps.

"So who is my popcorn slave?" she asked with a big grin. Wow, she must know a short cut.

I came to a stop beside her and looked back to Ian who looked quite miserable. Kari didn't usually hang out with us in the game room but I had an inkling that she would from now on just to boss Ian around. I laughed at his prospect.

"Kudos!" I told Kari and took off again to find some clothes before meeting Alexander.

**

I was wearing my black school girl skirts, red semi-long sleeved top and simple black high heals. I entered the waiting room and there were Jonathan and James again.

"Hey, boys! How is your day so far?" I asked the sexy twins cheerfully.

"The usual" James answered shrugging. I guess the guard duties weren't exactly thrilling.

"You?" Jonathan asked me.

"Excellent!" I said in Burns-from-the-Simpsons kind of manner. They both smirked.

"It shows cuz..." Jonathan started in seductive voice

"...you are looking real good" James finished in the same way. Huh, real twin thing.

I smiled and winked at them as I entered the throne room. They had just made my day better. I mean, which girl in her right mind wouldn't feel good if guys like them gave a compliment. Agh... I really need to stop drooling over them!

Alexander was standing with tree other people. As he was facing me he was the first to notice me.

"Danica, finally!" he said with a smile.

"I'm sorry you had to wait! I was in the woods with Ian and Kari. I came as fast as I could" that I really did, I thought to myself remembering the race. I had to struggle not to laugh out loud.

"That's ok. I think you have met Byrne" Alexander motioned at the man beside him.

He was alpha of the nearest pack and I indeed had met him. He was quite cool for an older man. "I have. It's pleasure to see you again!"

"The pleasure is all mine!" it sounded like he really meant it, not that he was just being polite.

I just smiled at him joining the group. I looked around; there was a guy and a girl around my age.

"These are my children. My son and heir Bryan" he said clapping the guy proudly on the shoulder "and my daughter Bri'' from the way Byrne was looking at the girl everyone could tell that he really loved her.

"They will be staying here for a while. I know it's sooner than usual but I thought you could use some company" Alexander explained to me.

I had been taught bout this last week. It is like a tradition that the heirs of other packs come to live in the mansion with the next Alpha to get to know each other and to bond so when they success their parents it would be easier to work together. Alexander had also added from his side that the Alpha has to know the strengths and flaws of his allies or something like that.