unbound, untamed [chapter 3]

i'm sorry that this chapter is so lengthy&boring but thr were some things that needed 2 b explained and told. i promise to try make next one more interesting and wiv some action. so bear wiv me ;) 

enjoy, comment&vote!

_______________________________________________ 

Chapter 3

You are beautiful

I thought that Marcus will never speak with me and will just leave. I felt that tears started to well up in my eyes...

"So this is why you have been almost unreachable these three months?" Marcus asked softly while still staring at his hands. "I was worried" he finally looked at me.

Oh, bless him, I thought. I all but throw the guy into a mystical world he wanted no part in and he is still worried about me. So Marcus-like, I smiled relieved that this didn't end in a disaster like I had feared.

"You said you got a new job" Marcus accused me.

I looked guiltily at him "Well basically I did."

He laughed "Yeah, being a werewolf princess definitely is a new job."

"No! I mean, yes! You have no idea how many responsibilities I have now..." Marcus raised a brow questioningly at my outburst. "But what I meant" I continued "was that I really do have an official job. The werewolves run some kind of big company and Alexander owns it. The royal family doesn't actually run it, that has been left to more capable hands but we do own it and since I'm next Alpha I am co-owner or something." 

"Wow" was all that Marcus could come up with. 

I grinned "Yeah, I know. And since I didn't want to tell my family what happened to me I am an official employee in that company to cover me if something comes up."

Actually it was planned that I start to learn about the company sometime soon. I SO didn't look forward to it. Come on - I was supposed to rule whole species, how I could also worry about some business. Ok, not some, huge business with many international sister companies.

"So I wasn't the only one not knowing what's going on with you?"Marcus asked bitterly.

"Sweetcheeks, please don't be like this" I used my favourite nickname of his; he said that he didn't like it but I knew he had grown fond of it. "I... I... how the hell was I supposed to tell you this?!" I blurted out after unsuccessful attempts to make a coherent apologetic sentence.

"Yeah, I guess you're right... I wouldn't have believed you anyways" Marcus admitted chuckling a bit. Then he looked seriously at me "Are you ok with this? I mean... this couldn't be easy on you."

"It's not all bad" I smiled "and don't you start imagining that we are something like in those horrible Hollywood movies! I like what I am now... besides I look sexier now" I laughed standing up and twirling in front of him.

He laughed at me being stupid and everything suddenly was the same as before. He had accepted the changes (or was in denial) and was again cheerful Marcus I missed so much.

"And the feeling when moving in my wolf form is just amazing... shame that I can't share it with you" I added when we sobered up.

"You can always tell me..." I knew Marcus good enough to tell that he really was curious so I tried to describe it the best I could.

"Well... it doesn't feel that much different. I mean, the wolf body doesn't seem strange just...that it IS your body. We have enhanced senses but we have them in our human form as well. So it's just that when in wolf form I feel closer to the nature... that I'm really a part of it. I've always thought that humans have walked too far away from it and this just proves my point. My every move is easy, fluid and...right, if that makes sense. And when I'm running outside feeling the strength of my muscles pulling me forward in awesome speed, I'm where I'm supposed to be and nothing feels better than that" I finished with small smile.