♡ Chapter 10 ♡

Start from the beginning

"That's not really any of your beeswax but I was still hoping that you could help me find him,"

Ariana watched as Brandon's face flickered with different emotions. First, debating. And then, angry and then curious and finally... Playful.

"Okay sure," he said with his trademark smirk. "But you owe me something in return."

"Okay... What is it?"

~~~ONE HOUR LATER~~~

"Let me get this straight. You want me to go to the library, find some book about machines in the restricted area, bring it to your room at night and do all that dressed in a ninja suit, just so that you'd help me contact Damian?" Ariana asked. Brandon nodded his head with a winning smile.

"Wait, why do I have to wear a ninja costume again?" Ariana asked.

"Why wouldn't you wear a ninja costume?" Brandon asked. Ariana rolled her eyes and shook her head. She plopped down on the roll chair in Brandon's bedroom. She was thankful that his room had air-conditioning, since the sun had gotten unbelievably brighter and hotter since earlier that morning.

"Okay, just call Damian or something," Ariana told Brandon. He seemed reluctant but Ariana gave him a warning look and he gave her a defeated look in return as he got out his phone and started texting away.

"Are you gonna call him or not?"

"Nope," Brandon said, popping the 'p'. When Ariana opened her mouth to talk, Brandon held up a finger to silence her.

"Because I texted him that I wanted to meet up in the ice cream parlor."

Ariana nodded. And then her eyes widened. "Wait, what do you mean that you wanted to meet up?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna be there with you of course!" He said in a no-nonsense way.

Ariana shook her head furiously. "No, you being there wasn't part of the deal," she pointed.

Brandon put a hand over his heart. "You wound me, seashell." He said dramatically.

Ariana shrugged off his remark. She figured she would just deal with Brandon being there. Besides, he wasn't really that much of a pain to be around.

"So what's up with you?" Brandon suddenly asked, setting his phone down and looking at Ariana. Ariana raised her eyebrows, surprised by the question.

"Well, nothing much," she shrugged.

"Oh come on, seashell. I know that you're life's more exciting than that," he said.

"No, really!" Ariana said. But Brandon saw through it and gave her a pleading look. Ariana slumped her shoulders.

"Look, can we just talk about it later?" Ariana asked. Brandon frowned but nodded reluctantly. Ariana studied his room again. He had changed his sheets, and his laptop was on the bed. Ariana assumed that his guitar was still under his bed...

"Oh!" Brandon exclaimed.

"What?"

"Lets go, Damian's on his way."

They went out his room and down the stairs to the front door of his house. The sun was beating down on hard.

"I don't suppose you can drive a car?" Ariana asked. Brandon shook his head.

"Do you have a bike or something?" Ariana asked suggestively. Brandon's eyes lit up as he went into their garage and came out with two bikes. One was a big, blue one and another was a smaller, green one.