Homesick.

I have been back in Florida for only two weeks, and here I am packing my bags again. Only this time, it is tour and it is only going to be for three months. How they manage to fit 3 months worth of stuff in two suitcases each, I will never understand.

"Katie?" I hear the guys coming up the stairs. "What's up?"
"Are you going to the tour dinner?" Shit. I completely forgot. I shooed the guys out of my room and quickly changed into a nice sundress and sandals. "Damn girl!" They hollered and whistled. I rolled my eyes.
The tour dinner was a dinner they held before any tour they went on, with any of the bands they are going with. This time, it is Blink 182 and All Time Low. I am a massive fan of Blink, but of course I never show it. I've learned to stay calm in these situations since Jerm and Josh are those people. We arrived at the restaurant. It looked fancy. White table clothes, wine glasses, and nice music. There was even a jellyfish tank in the middle of the place. "Katie, I would like you to meet Mark Hoppus of Blink 182. Mark, this is Katie, Josh's best friend and a roadie."
"I know who you are." I blurted out. Damnit Kate. Probably fucked that one up. I don't usually get like this, but this is different. This is Blink 182. Josh pulled me away to meet Travis Barker and Skiba. I looked back at Mark and mouthed an apology to him. He laughed. Travis, Skiba and I talked for a few minutes and Jeremy pulled me away this time to meet All Time Low. I was familiar with them.
"Katie, this is Rian, Jack, Alex and Zack." I knew Zack and Jack from a previous run in before. They were really nice guys. I could see Alex staring at me a little extra longer.

"Hi guys." I kept eye contact with Alex. "Very nice to meet you." I hugged him. I don't shake hands, I just hug. His embrace felt nice. It felt, safe. After my last relationship, I never felt safe anymore.

"Katie hatie!!" Jack exclaimed. 'Katie hatie' was Jack's nickname for me. I met him at one of Jerm's parties years ago and after drinking a little more than we both should have, we became best friends. He insisted I needed a nickname, 'Katie Hatie' was created.

"Hey Jacko!" I poked him.

"We need to whisk you away from the guys so you can come hang out with us guys tonight." He pouted. "I refuse to take no for an answer."

Followed by Jack's best puppy eyes. I laughed and pushed his face away. "Fine."

After dinner I was hauled away by Jack and the rest of the All Time Low guys, which resulted in Jack lifting me up off the ground and actually pretending to kidnap me. It was quite the scene. We arrived in the joint hotel rooms they were staying in. Jack and the guys decided they needed to get more alcohol, so I was left with Alex. I crawled into Jack's bed and decided to take a nap. My nap was interrupted by hearing music from the other room. It was Alex singing. Deciding not to be antisocial, I decided to go join him, knowing I could sing myself. I thought I would mess with him first. I sat in front of the closed door, aware that he was on the other side. He was singing "I Miss You" by Blink 182. I jumped in harmonizing, "Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head." He stopped playing. "Katie?" He called. I came out acting like nothing was going on. "Either that was you, or there is a ghost that has a very beautiful voice." He laughed.

Oh shit, his laugh. His smile. His voice. I thought. I caught myself blushing. Stop Katie, don't do this.

I shrugged. "I don't believe there is a ghost here so that must of been me." Sitting down next to him. I picked up his guitar and started playing and signing, Dream On by Aerosmith, and I swear his jaw dropped to the ground.

"Damn girl, you've got yourself a pair of lungs." I cheekily smiled at him. "Why thank you." I could see lust in his eyes. He didn't know me and I didn't know him but I liked it.

"Let's get this started!" Jacko screamed, literally kicking the door open. Rian and Zack followed him, hitting him on the head shushing him for being so loud in a hotel. We all laughed. The rest of the night was a good time. We all drank a little too much and passed out watching Home Alone. Jack's favorite.
I woke up in the morning curled up on Jack's lap. Since Jack is like a big brother to me, I'm sure he kept me away from Alex as much ad possible. I got up and tiptoed to the kitchen, attempting to not wake anyone up. To my surprise, Alex was awake making coffee.

I swear my heart jumped when I saw him. He still looked real tired. His hair was messed up. And he wasn't wearing a shirt. Apparently I looked good too because he couldn't stop staring at me either. What could be so special?

"Hey, look who's awake." He smiled and poured me a cup of coffee. "Why thank you."

My phone went off. "Hey Josh, what's up?" I answered.
"Hey we're coming around with the tour bus in an hour, be ready."

Let the fun begin. This time, I won't be homesick.