Chapter Three

"One of us?" You asked, tilting your head to the side.

"Yep!" He said smiling, "but matters like this are better to talk about in the warmth." He outstretched an arm to help you up. You grabbed his wrist and clambered to your feet.

"What art thou's name?" He asked dramatically.

"Er...(y/n)," you finally managed to say. You were so disoriented and confused.

"You don't seem that sure," he said giggling and pushing his red glasses up his nose.

"No, I'm definitely (y/n)," you said, this time in a more confident manner.

"Good, good," he said nodding his head.

"Follow me," he continued, grabbing your wrist. You flinched away from his touch. He looked at you, his head slightly tilted until he realized that he had grabbed you in the same place the guy had. He recoiled his hand quickly and walked out the alley. You followed without questions. If he really was a vampire he could kill you quite easily if you provoked him, so you guessed it was best to just follow him.

You jogged behind him until you had caught him up. It'd be better not to look as antisocial as you generally were around new people. You both walked in silence, looking straight ahead.

Suddenly your phone burst into life and both you and Lawless jumped a couple of feet into the air. You pulled it out of your jacket pocket and looked at the lock screen. It was your mum calling you. You picked up the phone as Lawless watched you intently.

"Hello," you said.

"Ah hello, dear," your mother replied.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, dear. I was just wondering where you were as it's getting quite late now."

"I'm just out with a friend."

"Ah ok. What time will you be getting back?"

"Er," you looked at Lawless for confirmation. He mouthed the word 'sleepover', "I know I should've asked before but he's asked me if I could stay over tonight. Will that be ok?"

"He? Did you just say he?!" You heard your mum squeal on the other end of the phone.

"I did say he. Why?" You asked, suddenly confused.

"Has my precious (y/n) got a BOYFRIEND!" She yelled the last word so loudly you were sure Lawless heard.

"WHAT?! NO! He's just a friend," you said defensively. You could see Lawless smirking to your side.

"That's what they all say," she replied.

"No you don't understand-"

"I'm sure I don't, dear."

"No, he's genuinely just a friend."

"I'm sure he is, dear."

"Ok, see you tomorrow then," you said. You desperately needed the conversation to be over.

"See you, dear. And stay safe. I don't want any mini (y/n)s running around. One's enough."

You had probably never looked so mortified whilst ending a call.