Yet, they kept it to themselves. 

They broke their gaze, when remembering they weren't alone. Vanessa witnessed the loving gaze between the two, but she kept quiet.

"Where's Janice?" Vanessa forced out, getting impatient. She didn't want to turn up late at her son's engagement party/dinner.

"I'm here!" The high pitched voice exclaimed. All heads snapped to the staircase and ever so slowly, the redhead approached them. She was dressed in a tight-fitting red dress, matching her hair. Her breast were nearly popping out her gown, but she didn't seem to care.

The only modest thing about it, was the length.

"Oh, E, help me." She reached out for his hand. He held in his annoyance at her dramatic entrance and helped her down. She gushed, leaning up to kiss him on his cheek. Lea looked away, feeling her heart tug with pain.

"Thank you." Janice whispered to him, smiling. He failed to return it.

"Well, we should get going. Come on, kids." Vanessa said.

---

It turned out Jaxon was hosting a dinner - party. It was being held at a hotel, well known for its 5/5 catering and its service. It was named 'Grand Hilton'.

The journey there wasn't long, only twenty minutes. Eric parked the car, his eyes trying to avoid sneaking glances through the rear-view mirror. Not wanting to meet eyes with the beauty sat in the back.

She too, shared the same difficulty. Right behind Eric, her eyes couldn't leave him. No matter how little she saw of him, she simply couldn't find the strength to tear her eyes away from him. He felt it. Her enchanting blue orbs, staring at the back of his head.

It didn't annoy him. Instead, filled him.

"We're here." He announced, in his raspy voice. Lea bit down on her bottom lip, feeling a tingle go off in her stomach. She glanced at Vanessa who was helping Drew and Sophia out of their seat in the back.

Lea opened the door, only surprised to see Eric standing with a clenched jaw, his hand out, awaiting for her to step out. She smiled lightly, thankful and took it. They both felt a surge of warmth shoot up their arms.

"Thank you." She whispered, holding the end of her dress, not wanting to ruin the burgundy gown Vanessa had kindly supplied her with.

At first, she was hesitant to go to this event. But Vanessa persuaded her, with the help from the kids, of course. She then agreed.

Eric sent her a small nod, his eyes absently searching over her figure. He inhaled a quick breath, the words dancing at the tip of his tongue.

"You...you look beautiful." His voice came out in a whisper. Yet, she heard it. A blush grew up her neck and she bowed her head, hiding the smile on her face. He cleared his throat when hearing the sound of Janice call his name.

He finally tore his eyes away from Lea, and nodded lightly. He licked his lips, holding in his annoyance as he opened the car door for Janice and helped her out. The kids hopped out, straightening out their clothes and immediately clutched onto their mother's hand.

And so they began making their way towards the hotel entrance. They were greeted happily by the guard and allowed straight access inside. The venue was beautiful, breathtaking even.

Numerous amount of chandeliers hung from the ceiling, brightly lit. The floor was covered by a red, soft carpet, tempting guest to remove their shoes and have a feel of it against their bare feet. The walls were golden and white, the theme matching along with the tables and cloths over them.