5. Sadie

The man stops right next to me. The rich never come to the back, so what is he doing here? I look up to see his face. He is middle-aged, has black hair, and dark eyes. One of his front teeth is plated in gold, and his demeanor makes my skin crawl.
I can tell the guy with blue eyes is uncomfortable too. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see his leg bouncing up and down with the laces of his combat boots flopping with it.
"Hello there pretty lady." He says with a grin. I don't know what to say, so I just answer "Hello..." I look down and see a wedding band on his finger. His ID hangs from his pocket. All citizens of the United Provinces' are required to carry around their ID's. He has a platinum card. That means he's a scientist. I immediately feel relieved that he's not a complete freak.
"Would you mind joining me upfront? I had a couple questions to ask you." He says. Before I can reply, blue eyes cuts in. "Why don't you just ask her here?" I can feel the tension brewing between the two.
"Aiden, is it?" The man in the suit says. Do they know each other? Maybe he was here to see him, not me.
"Yes, it is." Before the man has a chance to reply, Aiden says, "I think we would both appreciate it if you would go back to your seat." His blue eyes narrow, challenging him.
The man leans down and hands me a card and leaves. The card is the color of platinum, like his ID. Dr. Elias. The name doesn't sound familiar, but maybe he knows my parents. I can feel Aiden's eyes watching me. "I'm Sadie." I say, my attention still fixed on the card. I figured, I know his name so I should tell him mine in return. "How do you know him?" I continue.
"I met him back in the labs when I was younger." He looks 17, why would anyone younger be in a lab?
"You're a scientist?" I highly doubt it.
"No." He doesn't say anything more on the topic, so I decide to retreat.
"Can I see that card?" He has his hand out. I give it to him. He rips it.
"Why?" I helplessly try to get the pieces but have no luck.
He smiles. "It was for your own good."
Dr. Elias could've known my parents!
"He was a scientist not a killer." I say through my teeth. He shakes his head and expels a breath that sounds almost like a laugh. "Are you really this naïve?" How could he be finding amusement in this?
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing."
"Well, I'm going to find him when we land. There must've been a reason he wanted to see me."
"Are you actually insane? Sadie, he's dangerous."
There are a million questions raging inside me like, dangerous how? Why would he say that? What has he been through to think so low of scientists? But, I don't know what it is, but when he said my name, everything seemed real again, so I shut up.
All of sudden we're falling.
The plane is falling.