Chapter Twenty-Two- Things Get Steamy

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO- 

“SAM!” I bolted towards the door and stumbled against my sheets. “OPEN THIS DOOR!”

I unlocked the door and opened it so that my face was visible. My mother stood there fuming. “What?” I snapped and rubbed my eyes. “I was sleeping.”

“I’ve been calling you for five minutes to get up.” Her hands were placed on her hips as she glared. “Why is your door open like that?”

“Like what?” I asked innocently. She didn’t respond right away but tried to look behind me.

I kept my face blank though I was cringing inside. “I’m leaving. Walk James to play group on your way to school.”

“You got it.” I responded with a smile.

She gave me another suspicious look before turning towards the stairs. I slammed my door closed and turned around to find Blake stretching away from his mattress. His shirt was caused to lift exposing a load of muscle and skin.

Why is he so hot?

Last night I set up Blake a mattress from under my bed. We had hardly talked but went straight to sleep. It’s weird seeing him sleep on it, usually its Alley.

“I guess that was better wake up then my mum.” He yawned. “Can I take a shower?”

“Yeah of course.” I opened a cupboard in the pantry and gave him a towel. He grinned at me and went to the bathroom across from my room.

This was so weird. I quickly changed into my school uniform and styled my hair before going downstairs and finding James.

He stood in front of the TV as though if he sat on the couch he would miss something. I smiled. “You want some breakfast my little handsome boy?”

He looked up, gave an enthusiastic nod and ran after me. I laughed at his small run and picked him. “Come on.”

I made James breakfast and left him in his chair as I quickly ran back up the stairs.

“What’s taking you so long?” I pounded on the bathroom door. “I need to finish getting ready!”

The only response I received was Blake’s low chuckle. I gave an irritated sigh.

Oh stuff it.

I opened the door and went straight to my make up. Blake’s head popped around the corner of the curtain. He stared at me with a grin. “What are you doing?”

“You were taking too long.”

“So you decided to come in?”

“Calm down. I can’t see anything.”

He laughed the same time that the door had another knock. “SAM!” James voice yelled.

Oh crap. Without thinking I jumped into the shower. “Sam!” I heard the door open.

“I-I’m taking a shower!” I stuttered.

The door closed again without another word. Holy crap. I stared at Blake’s butt as he turned around. My cheeks heated as I looked up at him.

“You see anything you like?” He asked in a low voice.

My heart raced. “No.” I answered quietly.

He grinned. “Liar. That wasn’t very smart.”

I gritted my teeth. “I didn’t know what to do.”

“So you thought that jumping in the shower with your clothes on was a good idea? You could have just taken them off.”

I gave him a look. “All I wanted was my make up.”