There's no such thing, as talent.

The other day in math class I remember working in a group for an assignment. We were finishing up, and since I had gotten my own clip board and such, I was doodling and sketching using the clip board and such (paper really- duh).

Two classmates were watching me draw, and one of them states something along the lines of never being on the level as me/ can't draw; while the other agrees with them. For  while, I had remembered this conversation I had with my friends, which had been burning in my mind for a while. So, I simply looked up and told them there is no such thing as talent.

In shock, the person who first stated that they won't be on the same level as me, asked how was that possible. I told them that it took me time to be at the level I am at with practice. Any talent there really is, takes practice to be at a good level.

Another student, who was listening in, asked about what about the people who get it down really fast. Like a musician looking at a piece for a while, and plays it perfectly after a few tries. I then told them, it is true, but They still have to freaking practice to get it right. No one can pick up a voila for the first time and play on the first go, a piece from one of Beethoven music's.

So, keep that in mind when your looking lowly at how much skill you have in a certain area (art, music, singing). To be at a certain level is amazing enough, and no one is expecting you to come out of the womb and freaking make your own version of the Mona Lisa.

(Why am I'm writing this at 3:30 a.m., idk-) ~Windy