Limit Thirty Four: Madness And Confusion

 (8th Force – Xena)

            Nakita ko na sila sa bar pagkapasok ko palang. Heh. It would’ve been so appropriate if only Rey wasn’t here. Kahit kailan hindi n’yan naging hilig ang pumasok sa bar. Masyado kasing maingay ang bar. We all know na may eidetic memory siya. Everything that he hears in here or in places like this will be remembered for life. Every bits of it.

            And that’s what you’ll call memory overload.

                 “Hey guys. So what’s up?” I then turned to the bartender. “Gin tonic please.”

            Binigyan niya ako ng isang baso ng gin tonic. And since we seems to be staying here in the counter, sumadal na lang ako. Rey was busy downing his scotch. The others—Gino, Eric and Savier were just looking at him and smirking all along.

            I wonder why.

                 “Simply clubbing.”

                 “And what’s Rey Ashton got to do with clubbing?” usisa ko.

                 “He’s not actually ‘clubbing’ as in clubbing.” Savier answered sabay inom ng beer. “He’s more like… drowning himself with alcohols. Clubbing inside his head.”

            Natawa yung dalawa. I didn’t laugh. All because I know why he’s like this again. “Perhaps hindi mo na nakayang tiisin ang katahimikan ng kwarto mo?”

                 “Shut up.”

                 “I hit the nerve, didn’t I?” I grinned pagkatapos ay ininom ang gin ko. “Really, Rey. What’s in your brain? You can trust us, you know.”

            Pinanood namin siya habang mariin niyang ibinaba ang kanyang baso sa may counter. He stared at it for like a couple of seconds. Then he began to spoke. “I think that everyone can sense why I’m so eager to make things right between Sky and me. While Sky… don’t seem to notice that. She was like… she’s like she’s too engaged in her own little merry world that she can’t even notice what everybody does.”

                 “Well…” Gino mumbled, nag-iisip. “Baka naman kasi kulang talaga? Baka talaga hindi niya maramdaman? Sabihin mo na lang.”

            Wrong advise.

            Rey shook his head. “I’m afraid she’s a bit jumpy with the topic of us getting back together. Man, we’re okay now. I don’t feel that she’s mad at me or anything, we had a lot of fun, we go out, we do things like before. But I was too scared to touch that sentiment. I don’t want her staying away because of that.”