Chapter 1: The Makeover*

Start from the beginning

"Wow Mom, you didn't let me date until like 18 and you are letting her at 6?" I asked and Alex laughed.

"Wow Wendy," Alex said teasingly and Mom shot a playful glare, "So tomorrow, we are shopping right?"

"Don't remind me," I said groaning, "I am only going because I need some new clothes."

"I swear you only wear jeans and a hoodie," Alex said, "You need a makeover."

"Me agreeing to a makeover is like saying that a dinosaur is going to stomp on the Earth and kill all the inhabitants," I said while spinning my cup.

"Wendy, what is wrong with your daughter?" Alex said gasping.

"I don't know because I don't even think that this is my daughter," Mom said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you guys," I said putting the cup into the sink, "Well I am heading upstairs Mom." I walked up the stairs and went into my room.

"Ready for a long day of shopping before dinner with my parents?" Alex asked as I opened the door.

"Yep! Totally, we are taking the car," I said before I got into the driver's seat and Alex got into the passenger's seat. Alex does have her own car, but she likes to ride with me. Also, she says that I am a better driver than her.

"Which mall are we going to?" I asked while pulling out of the driveway.

"Um, the Central Park Mall," Alex said fixing her seatbelt.

"Alright, CP Mall here we come," I said. We reached the mall and I pulled into a parking space close to the entrance.

"Come on!" Alex said and pulled me into the door.

"What store are we starting off at?" I asked walking beside Alex.

"The salon, to get our hair done," Alex said and I nodded.

"I am just getting a trim," I said sternly and Alex laughed.

"Yes I know Max," Alex said and while we were walking, we saw the people that we wished we didn't. Ashley, Daisy, and Cara. They were the three popular girls in high school and they went to NYU while Alex and I moved to California to go to UCLA.

"Oh isn't it Caleb's little sister and the hoodie nerd?" Ashley said crossing her arms.

"Isn't it the prissy princess?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

"Well at least I have style unlike you?" Ashley said.

"At least she doesn't need a guy to make her special," Alex said crossing her arms.

"Come on Alex, don't waste your energy on her," I said pulled Alex into the salon, "Give me a makeover." Alex's mouth formed a smile and nodded her head.

"There are five steps to beauty. One is hair, two is makeup, three is clothes, four is personality, and five is entrance." Alex said, "First up is hair." 

***

"So what kind of hairstyle would you like?" the stylist asked. Alex walked up and answered for me.

"Layers for Max," and the stylist nodded. The stylist started to cut my hair and soon he started to curl my hair into bouncy waves.

"You are finished," the stylist said, "Wow you have gorgeous hair."

"Thank you," I said before looking in the mirror.

"I know, your hair is to die for," Alex said while her hands were on my shoulder.