6 Darius (August 1996)

SistaGirlzBook #5

DARIUS

August 1996

When the time was right, I would come out to the world but in the meantime, I enjoyed my secret rendezvous with Devin as well as my public displays of affection with Angela.

As far as anyone knew, Angela was dating Devin and me. And they seemed to be OK with that. I was very protective of my loves and never wanted either of them to feel hurt or pain, especially because of me. So far, I was able to juggle Angela and Devin but that didn't stop me from wanting TaMeeka. Eventually, once we were all grown and old enough to buy a house together, I wanted to live my life with Angela, Devin, TaMeeka and our children.

But first I had to get TaMeeka.

"I don't know why in the hell you think I want YOU!" TaMeeka snapped as I once again attempted to get her to be my girlfriend.

Grabbing her hand, I said, "Girl, you know you want me. Quit playin', TaMeeka. Be my girl!"

"Why should I be your girl? Aren't you dating Angela DeVille?" she asked.

"I want YOU!" I confessed, squeezing her hands in mine.

"I'm nobody's secret, Darius. And I don't want a man with secrets so if there's NOTHING between you and anyone else, I'll consider being your girl," TaMeeka stated with her hands on her thick hips.

Sliding my hands around her waist as we stood on that street corner, with a soft kiss to her lips, I fibbed, "I only want YOU, TaMeeka."

"So what's up with you and Angie?" TaMeeka asked directly.

"She's just a friend, TaMeeka. She braids my hair from time to time while we talk. Nothing more," I explained.

At that point, I felt more like Angela's friend than her boyfriend. Between going out with Devin and her part-time job, I had barely seen Angie since her first date with Devin. Thankfully, Devin always made time for me.

Reaching for my freshly braided cornrows, TaMeeka said, "I'll do my man's hair. Not gonna have you sitting between her legs for that!"

Squeezing her waist, I asked, "Your man, huh?"

Looking directly into my eyes, she said, "As long as you stay the fuck away from other women, I'm all yours."

Well, at least I get to keep Devin.

"I know you're not a virgin but I am," TaMeeka announced as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Is that an invitation?" I asked sincerely.

"If you're worthy, you can be my one and only," said TaMeeka as I walked her home. I caught her coming out of the corner store buying cigarettes for her mother. "I'm not gonna be like these stupid hoes out here giving it up to a man just because his dick game was on point that night. I need a man with ambition! If I'm gonna be Bonnie, he better be a damn good Clyde!"

"Wow, Lil Mama!" I applauded.

"STOP right there, Darius! I don't have any children so please don't call me any kind of 'mama,' please and thank you!" TaMeeka corrected me.

"Yes, ma'am!" I smiled at her petite frame holding back an explosive temper. "I was just saying that it's good to see that you know what you want!"

"Doesn't everyone know what they want in life?" TaMeeka asked as we stopped in front of her house.

"I know what I want," I said, thinking of my dream family.

"Good. Now go after it!" TaMeeka encouraged.

Desperately craving a woman's attention, I latched onto TaMeeka's loving motherly spirit. Whenever Angela didn't make time for me or when she was busy with Devin, TaMeeka was always available.

Taking advantage of my mother pulling a double shift at the hospital, I initially wanted to spend the evening with Angela and Devin. However, as usual, they were busy together and TaMeeka had no plans when I called her. She probably didn't expect the dinner and dessert we dined on before she ended up butt ass naked in my bed.

To be honest, I don't know how we ended up in my bed!

One minute we were eating dessert, the next minute she was asking me if I minded if she smoked. I asked if she meant cigarettes. She pulls out a pack of cigarillos...

In my head, I heard myself proposing to TaMeeka, watching her coming down the aisle toward me, having babies with me. Next thing, I knew...

"YES DARIUS!! YES!! FUCK YO' PUSSY DAMMIT!!"

TaMeeka attempted to buffer the headboard from banging against my bedroom wall but I kept pulling the pillow away. Between the headboard banging and TaMeeka's screams, I didn't give a fuck who knew I was gettin' it in! After weeks of limited contact from Devin and no touch from Angela, I was thankful for TaMeeka's attention.

Rocking her hips to match my thrusts, TaMeeka was beyond everything I expected her to be. You couldn't tell me she was a virgin except that her screams hit decibels that I had never heard come out of Angela's mouth when we had sex. TaMeeka made me feel like I was loved inside and out!

As we lay naked in my bed, all I wanted to do was hold her all night. But she had to go home. Quietly, we put our clothes on. The silence wasn't broken until I walked TaMeeka to her front door. Her next words froze me solid.

"I'm so glad I gave my virginity up to a man that loves only me!"

Fuck!!