Chapter Twelve:

Nerieda led him out of the hut and closer to the ocean, the heat of the sun beat back down on them now that they were not protected by the shade of the house. A small tree rested at the edge of the sand of the beach and the dry dirt of the desert. Ahti was close and Dem'rick could see some children playing in the water collected shellfish from the sea floor.

"What do you mean by training?" Dem'rick asked watching Nerieda sit underneath the tree and fixing her dress around her legs so she could sit comfortably.

"Come." Nerieda patted the ground in front of her and waited patiently with her arms resting to her side. Dem'rick took a deep breath and sat cross legged in front of her, "You know what I am, and I assume you have accepted the possibility of it."

"A Virthaur." Dem'rick announced and Nerieda nodded.

"I am the last of my kind. Virthaurs were created by the Dryad Rosebert to guide mankind to peace and lead them when they went astray, and in time when we discovered that the Ramshads were reincarnating we were guides to help them realize their true ability." Nerieda smoothed the surface of the sand between them with the flat of her hand, "In your studies with Benigno have you spoken much about the Ramshads?"

"How do you know--?" Dem'rick began but Nerieda stopped him by holding up her hand.

"I know many things Dem'rick, and I'm afraid Kutalin would have destroyed the world by the time we would finish answering them all. I will say this to ease your curious mind, Benigno and I know each other very well. I consider him a good friend," Nerieda paused for a moment and her eyes wandered up to the sky, "He probably has the book."

"Book? Yeah, Benigno was carrying a book with him before we separated." Dem'rick answered and just as he finished saying it Nerieda's eyes widened and a smile spread across his face.

"He has it! That's marvelous—" Nerieda scrunched her face up and waved her hands frantically back and forth, "Agh, never mind we are getting off task. Answer my question."

"Oh, umm, yeah Benigno and I discussed the theories and legends of the Ramshads, but I've only known them to be that, just a legend." Dem'rick lied, and even as Nerieda narrowed her eyes at him he did not quite understand what made him lie.

"You do not believe that." Nerieda observed and Dem'rick met her eyes, and the simple smile that rested on her lips, "while you were in the mountains you heard the history of the Ramshads, how they came to be and what they can do."

"How did you know—" Dem'rick stopped when Nerieda held up a hand to halt him once again. Dem'rick wanted to curse, how long was this women watching him for? And how could she observe if she was not there? The powers of a Virthaur seemed to be endless.

"

"The things you have done, can do, are from those same powers. You need to accept your destiny as a Ramshad Dem'rick." Nerieda set a hand on his arm and he moved it away from her.

"Yes, I can control people at will, do some unbelievable things that other people could on dream about, but that does not make me a part of this legend Nishume has created."

"It's not just a legend Dem'rick Platt, but a repeated cycle of our world. There have been many Ramshad's, reincarnated over the years with the same Dryad stone imbedded in their soul. That is what gives them power and control." Nerieda drew a circle in the ground, "Neva stole a part of the Tourmyline and embedded it within the original Ramshad's soul, binding him to this earth forever, but what they did not expect was—"