Chapter 6

[Warning: Hot as hell.]

Chapter 6

It was quiet in the car. Eli focused on driving and I focused on trying not to dive out of the vehicle. I desperately wanted to turn on the radio, but that would involve asking him if I could touch his radio, and I'd need to talk to him for that, and right now I don't want to risk saying a single word.

"What's your address?," he asked me suddenly.

Without looking at him, I repeated my address to him. He didn't say anything after that. Judging by the way he took familiar turns, he knew his way to the general area of my house. I was sort of relieved to see landmarks I could recognize.

But he took one turn that wasn't towards my house and my mind jumped to the worst conclusions. I stared down at my feet, thinking about how I would be able to escape from him if he were to try to hurt me. Appa always tells me to go for the groin if anything happens. It's a shitty move but it works all of the time. Yeah, I'll kick Eli where the sun doesn't shine and run as fast as I can to the nearest safe place. Maybe I can even steal his car and drive home. I'm capable of that, right? Though, if I'm asking myself that then that means I'm not.

"I'm gonna go buy something. You want anything? A drink?," Eli suddenly asked me.

It was at this point that I noticed he has parked at the front of a convenient store. My nerves calmed down some.

"Um...I guess a soda? Just any kind," I answered him reluctantly.

Eli shut the car off and left me alone to head inside the store. He's gone now... Maybe I should just leave. I could do it. I could start running and never stop until I'm back home, safe and sound.

But instead of running away, I stayed behind to contemplate why Eli hasn't jumped at me yet. Why is he driving me home (if that's still a true intention for him)? Why is he buying me a drink? What's he trying to get at? Is he trying to get my guard down so his attack will be even stronger and more successful? Or, what if Wesley put him up to this since their goals would probably be the same?

A few minutes later, Eli came back out of the store, holding a small plastic bag. When he got back to the car, he sat down and handed me my soda. "Thanks," I murmured quietly. While the bag was open, I got a peek at a pack of cigarettes. I didn't know he smoked. How'd he even get them so quick?

He tossed the bag in the back seat and turned on the car's engine. He started backing out and headed for the road again. I was too nervous to open my can of soda, so I just clutched it in my hands for the time being.

Eli drove around for a while, still taking turns that I couldn't fully recognize. I wondered where he was going. I wondered why I was still even in his car.

After several more minutes of driving, Eli stopped the car at a local, public park. It was dark all around us, and the streetlight we parked under barely lit up anything.

If I wasn't freaking out earlier, I certainly was now.

This is where I die. Eli was only being nice to make my death even sweeter. He's gonna fuck me up, and dump my lanky body somewhere in this park. But he doesn't have an alibi so he'd get caught afterwards. Wait, why am I thinking of murder? He could just beat me close to death and let me suffer that way for a few weeks. I'd rather not have that either...!

"Let's talk," Eli said to me.

Oh, fuck.

"I, uh...I'm...," I murmured.