E for Enemies

Enemies

It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining and some couples are wandering around the park where our lovely... well... almost-couple (if it goes after their friends and almost the whole town) sits together. Usually, they would enjoy their alone-time but today it is a special day. They had a fight before and are now calming down. Let's see where their conversation leads them.

"Why are we always fighting?", Kim mumbled quietly. If Jack didn't know her that well, he would think that she is just a bit down. But he knows her and he knows her better than every other person in the world, so he knows that she is really, really depressed of their steady fighting.

"I don't know, honestly." Jack resists to look at his best friend because he knows that he would just do anything and everything to keep her happy. But he does feel the intense look of her now.

"Maybe we should, you know... quit." The last part isn't more than a whisper and Jack chuckled slightly.

"Of course we should quit fighting, I mean, you see how much the two of us hate it and-"

"No, that's not what I meant. I meant that we should quit our friendship."

"What?!" Jack now raises his look to see how she explains that, if it is just a joke or if she – gulp – really means it.

"Jack, I'm done with the constant fighting and I know that you are too. I can't really hate you, heck, I can't even be mad at you for long, but I can't continue how we have it now. And if we can't fix that, I will quit our friendship."

"So... you say, you could rather have me as an enemy than as your best friend? Wow, I didn't expected that."

"Only because we aren't friends, it doesn't mean, we are enemies."

"Yeah, it does", at least to him, "and I hate it that you think we couldn't fix that."

"Here it goes again. If I defend myself now, we'll have another fight. Why can't we just love each other and don't fight? Is it really that hard?" She almost yells now, but that wasn't the thing which mattered Jack. It was the fact that she said 'love each other'. So it either means, she knows about his love for her or... she loves him, too! And really, what can he loose right now?

"Kim, I have a quick question and you have to be honest, you promise?"

Kim sighs but nods at him to go on. Jack takes a breath and closes his eyes, trying to avoid looking in her eyes. "Do you have any romantic feelings for me?"

Silence. That is all he hears, well excluding the constant laughing of others in this park, and it makes him worried. So he has to open his eyes and sees her staring at him wide-eyed. That's all he needs to know.

He just attacks her (well, gently attacks her) and kisses her almost senseless. Somewhere in the middle of the kiss, he feels her responding and sneaking her hands into his hair (causing him to grin a bit because he always knew that his hair was perfect). When he pulls her closer, he realizes that it is an awkward position to kiss someone like that, but oh well, why should he bother? It is their first kiss (finally!) and they need to perfect their kisses in their hopefully following relationship so he'll just stay like that.

After a while (well, he thinks the kiss just lasted like two or three minutes, but some of the other people in the park were counting like ten or more minutes), they pull away for air and just smile at each other.

"I guess, you have feelings for me", Kim says in-between getting oxygen. Jack smirks and pulls her on his lap (realizing he could've done that before but oh well), getting a gasp out of her but then she smiles and his whole world is just falling down and focuses on this bright smile.

"You can say that." He smiles brightly at her and gets a kiss in return. If this is the way to get kisses, I'll do that more often, he promises himself and then finally says something (which isn't the thing, Kim has expected and hoped for but she is glad to laugh).

"I guess, we couldn't be enemies."