Chapter Two | Cologne Boy

Start from the beginning

I let out a sigh as I met my own blue eyes through the reflection of the mirror before letting them trail down to a certain area on my shoulder. I hastily pulled down the shirt collar expecting to see the bullet wound, but was only met with a small, circular scar. I smirked knowing that the one thing holding me back from entering pack territory was now healed. My day just gets better and better.

I left the bar without paying. Yeah, that bartender really should have seen that coming.

"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb," I sang gingerly walking down the sidewalk. I shoved my hands into my pockets feeling the cool chill of the night nipping at my skin. It didn't bother me. It was just a bit unwanted.

"Oh, hello border. So nice to finally meet you," I greeted to the imaginary boundary line as I crossed over into someone's territory. Scents of pack wolves wafted to my nose bringing a smile to my lips. "Oh, how I've missed this."

Whoever's land this was obviously did not want me or any trespasser for that matter here. The border was heavily patrolled by both men, women, and wolves. There was absolutely, positively no way in hell that I was getting any further than ten steps past the border without being chased and maybe even killed.

I wasn't an idiot.

I was not going to do anything reckless for at least another week.

"I hate pack wolves," I muttered to myself, sluggishly dragging my feet across the sidewalk of a back alley in unclaimed territory. I did not want to come back, but it wasn't smart of me to just jump into pack wolf territory. I couldn't just ignore the fact that the most strenuous thing I had done in the past year or whatever was trying to do a cartwheel in my cell which did not work out well. My body was really not ready to play tag with some pack wolves. "I hate alphas. I hate people in general," I grumbled.

I continued rambling to myself about my hatred for anything that inhaled oxygen. In a perfect world, I would already be over the border. I would be plotting the steps I would have to take in order to murder the pack's beta. Packs normally grow to be pretty useless without their beta. It's a specialty of mine. It's also the reason I ended up in cell for quite some time.

"Motherfu-," I said going to curse pack wolves once again but froze in my tracks when a certain scent hit me that had a sadistic smile spreading across my face. "Well, well, well. Wasn't expecting pack wolves to be out of their territory," I thought aloud. If I weren't walking alone in a dark alley, someone would probably deem me as insane. "Things just got a little more interesting."

If someone would have told me I would end up in the same bar twice in one night, I would have straight up called them a liar. Unfortunately—for the first time ever, I would have been wrong.

I'm really starting to feel an emotional connection with The Hilltop. It's such a cute, little bar to murder someone in.

Lucky for me, the bartender from earlier was not present. That lifted a weight off of my shoulders knowing I wouldn't have to pay my bill from earlier. It's not like I really could if I wanted to, though, seeing as I have no money. I blame that on little luna for only carrying forty bucks.

The bar smelled abnormally pleasant. I don't mean this in a way that the bar's aroma did not smell of sweaty, alcohol-ridden losers because, well, it did. But, if you push all of that to the side, then it was obvious that someone had on some very, very nice cologne.

It was a smell that I could literally see myself bathing in.

Let me just say, this mouth-watering, highly intoxicating, stomach-dropping, orgasm-inducing scent was most certainly not here before, but oh boy was I happy that it was now.