Operation Clintasha

Bucky Barnes watches his best friend as he answers another text on his cellphone with rather less then the usual difficulties.

   "What's up?" He peers over Steve's shoulder.

   Steve glances at Bucky out of the corner of his eye "Just working the bugs out of this new phone."

  Bucky searches Steve's  face "You think I can't tell when you're lying?"

   Steve silently curses his inability to lie convincingly.

   "You figure it out then" He tosses the phone at Bucky, who jumps a little.

   The Winter Soldier picks up the phone and scrolls through the Steve's messages.

   "Steve" Bucky frowns "What is this?"

   "What does it look like?" Steve's tone is sharp.

   "A detailed blind date plan?" Bucky's eyes dart from the phone to Steve's face "Steve, that's creepy."

   "It's a revenge plan" Steve shrugs.

   "Reve- Steve! So it worked?" Bucky looks like a kid at Christmas "You and Y/N? Ha!"

   Steve obliges Bucky's gleeful bear hug and tries unsuccessful not to laugh.

   "You have no idea how hard the team pushed for this." Bucky says "I went undercover so I could -"

   The expression on Steve's face stops him.

   "Steve! I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" Bucky curses in Russian.

   Steve raises an eyebrow "You help me here and I may protect you from Y/N's wrath."

   Bucky makes a face "Is she gonna be mad?"

   "She thought you were a mugger"

   "{Captain America Issued Language}"

- - - -

   "Y/N!" Steve pulls up in front of your apartment  just as you walk out.

   "Steve!"

   He gets out and greets you with a peck on the cheek, curling his right hand around your waist.

   "You ready?" You grin at your boyfriend.

   "I hope so" there's a flicker of something in Steve's eyes "I brought some...help."

   "Help?" You repeat.

   Steve jerks his thumb at the little blue Volkswagen and two figures wave at you.

  He opens your door and calls out to his passengers "Guys, meet my girlfriend, Y/N. Y/N, these are Buck and Wanda."

   You smile at the other girl, but something about the dark man is familiar.

   An expression of guilt washes over his face and he extends his hand "Let me just apologize for that whole stalker fiasco."

   Steve watches your expression.

   Your eyes widen in surprise "That was you!"

   At the moment you're experiencing multiple levels of shock and anger, and Steve's arm is the only thing holding you back.

   "Let me at him, Steve" you eyeball Bucky, who seems to disappear behind his long hair.

   "I promise a one on one session at the Tower when this is over" Steve tries to holds in the laughter.

   "That's not fair" Bucky protests " You said-"

   Wanda gives him a cheeky grin "Been nice knowing you!"