Running the tip of his tongue across my cheek, he pushed my head back so that he could suck on my neck. With my head arched back, and my hands wrapped around the nape of his neck, my loud cries carried throughout the room. My body was shaking as he filled me up. I dripped all around him, my walls contracting around his cock. I could almost taste my orgasm. I was so close.

Toes pointed, adrenaline pumping, grunts and heavy moans, sporadic breathing; we both were giving it everything we had. Clinging to the each other's sweaty, electrified body, attempting to claw out our orgasm. He continued to push and push, slamming his length into my core. He whispered my name in my ear, his seductive deep voice; like honey, encouraging me to let go and come from him.

"Let go, Baby," he coaxed, biting down on my ear. "Come for me. Come on, Viv baby,"

I gasped when the first wave to my orgasm began to roll through me. My body clenched up and my lips cursed, moaning his name thereafter, "Harry..."

My eyes flew open when when my phone rang, interrupting my music. The shrill sound that replaced the soothing tempo made me jump. Slipping my fingers from between my sticky thighs, I cursed whoever it was for cutting my fantasy short.

Natasha was the only person who really called me since I moved out of my former flat and lately she's been quite distant after her reconciliation plan failed woefully. Harry wanted nothing to do with her. It was most likely Aaron calling. I sat up in the tub, wiped my hand and picked up my phone.

My heart skipped a beat immediately I saw the caller identification. Harry.

God, it couldn't be normal for a heart to beat this fast. My eyes remained on the screen, contemplating whether to pick his call or not. I couldn't. Especially since I was of him. I swiped the little red phone icon to decline.

The next moment I heard Aaron's voice calling for me.

"Yes!" I immediately answered.

"Are you dressed for tonight?" His footsteps grew louder as he approached the bathroom.

Confused, I asked, "What's going on tonight?"

"We have a date tonight." He poked his head into the bathroom and chuckled when he caught the state I was in.

"Tonight as in tonight?"

"Yes, babe. Tonight as in tonight, tonight. Don't tell me you forgot. I cleared my whole schedule—which you know is not an easy thing to do." He walked over and sat on the edge of the tub. "I have the entire night planned out. Our dinner reservations are for eight."

"Aaron...I'm really sorry, but—"

Aaron's face dropped and his brows furrowed in annoyance. "No, don't do this, Vivian. Not tonight. Cancel whatever you have planned and let's spend the night together."

I rubbed the back of my neck, thinking about how to let him down easy. "Aaron I can't just cancel them, you know my prints are due tomorrow."

He rolled his eyes at my excuse.

"But I cancelled my plans for you. You know what, I should have known you weren't going to go from the beginning." He completely snapped on me. "And to think that I put in extra effort to make this night extra special for you."

Anger rolled off his tongue with each word. Stabbing me.

I felt bad, I could see how much our date meant to him, but I had honestly had forgotten about it. And the issue with Phoebe was still fresh in my head. Notwithstanding, I had work to do. It wasn't a lie.

"I'm sorry, Aaron. I rea—"

"It's alright Vivian. Get your work done." He stormed out of the bathroom, steaming angry. The feeling of emptiness growing inside of me returned with vengeance.

•••

Confident that I was sabotaging my relationship, I hurried towards the seafood restaurant that Aaron had taken me to on our first date. The blind date. I figured I'd explain how terrible I felt about earlier. I knew that he would appreciate I put him over work like he did for me. Aaron wasn't a bad guy. Yes, he's a bit controlling but he was mostly lovely to me.

But then I froze at the sight in front of me. My gut knotted up so badly and so quickly, I was abruptly deep in pain. I felt the blood drain from my face. My fingers trembled where they rested on the handle of my silver clutch.

I felt disoriented...I couldn't think, I couldn't move. I wished a big hole would open up and swallow me; I wished it could be a terrible dream. I wished I could do what a child did when he didn't want to see, cover my own eyes.

But all I could do was watch—eyes wide open as Aaron and Phoebe's lips twined together; tongues exploring each other's mouth. It wasn't until his hands travelled to grope her arse that I managed to squeak out his name. He jerked away from Phoebe at once and meet my gaze.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see that Phoebe was enjoying the show. All she needed was a bowl of popcorn and a soft drink to go along with her smirk.

"It's just a kiss. It doesn't mean anything." He hurriedly said.

Despite my panic-stricken state, I gave him a pitying look. I wished he was better at spur-of-the-moment excuses but he wasn't. There were kisses and there were kisses. What I just beheld was pretty much of a giveaway, I'd say. It hardly fell into the category of quick social peck on the cheek.

Struggling to get my bearings, I said, "Well, I felt horrible and came out to see you but...y-you do seem occupied."

"Vivian, just listen to me."

"No. You listen to me." I was shaking my head, signalling him not to speak. Tears were pouring down my cheeks and I was without a handkerchief. "All this time I'd sensed there was something going on between the both of you but I brushed it off as me being possessive and unnecessarily uptight. But then Liam told me everything." I rattled on.

"Now, you can imagine how I felt when I learnt about your previous engagement with Phoebe. The woman of your dreams. I guess now that her job isn't an issue anymore, you both could get back on that wedding wagon with the ring in your bathroom."

"Vivian..."

"Don't," I sobbed, making no attempt to wipe my eyes. They expressed how utterly desolate I was. "Just don't try and explain, okay?"

And with that being said, I turned and ran back down the street the way I had come, my short legs gawky and stumbling on the uneven path in my rush to get away.