15

Chapter 15 (edited)

Louis was starving, his parents found out that he handed in his math assignment one day late, so he was not getting any food. Honestly, Louis was used to this now, but he shouldn't be, no one should be used to feeling their insides twist and turn the way Louis' did.

Lately, he wasn't feeling up to anything, he wasn't feeling genuinely happy. He missed Harry, he missed Harry's long stares and he missed Harry making him blush. But he would never admit that he couldn't, he was straight.

Well, at least he thought he was.

He went downstairs, seeing his parents at the table.

"Mum I need new jeans," Louis says and Jay nods, going to reach for her wallet but Troy stops her.

"Why do you need new ones?" Troy asks him, with a knowing expression.

"My current ones are a bit short and slightly tight," Louis says, looking down.

"Slightly?" Troy says, causing a confused expression to appear on Louis' face.

"Jay, didn't I tell you Louis was putting on weight. He is so chubby lately, look at those thighs and that bottom," Troy says, looking away in disgust.

Louis quickly wipes his eyes, heart aching at his father's harsh words.

"Oh shush, Troy, he's a growing child," Jay says, handing Louis the money.

"Abnormally growing," Troy mutters before going back to eating.

Louis runs up the stairs, rubbing his eyes as a few tears escape his eyes. He went in front of the mirror, pulling up his shirt, glancing at himself.

He was a bit pudgy, probably just baby fat, but the more he looked at himself, the more fat he looked. Louis remembered seeing Niall shirtless once, and he had the outline of abs and a flat stomach.

Louis just sniffles, going to his bed to sleep.

-

It was currently lunch in school, Louis had taken £150 from his mother when the jeans were only £125. He was planning on spending the rest to buy some food for himself but Louis wasn't really that hungry, or he just ignored the empty feeling in his stomach.

Harry came up to where he was sitting.

"Louis, why aren't you eating?" He asks and Louis shakes his head.

"Not really hungry," He mutters, picking at his fingers.

His stomach deceives him, letting out a growl of hunger. Harry raises an eyebrow.

"I can buy you a plate," Harry offers but Louis shakes his head.

"I'm really not hungry, I don't need to add any more weight anyway," Louis says, looking away from Harry.

Harry opens his mouth as if to say something, but then closes it, before walking away, a conflicted expression on his face.

By the end of the day, Louis was absolutely starved, but he didn't buy anything. He was waiting outside for his driver when his phone rang, startling him.

He answers, pressing the phone to his ear.

"Louis, the driver is currently really sick and we couldn't get a new one in such short notice, I can pick you up if you want to, but I will miss my meeting," His mother's voice says from the other line.

"No mum it's fine, I'll try to come home with a friend," Louis says, sighing, before his mother thanks him, ending the call.

Niall and Liam lived on the opposite side of town, Louis didn't want to inconvenience them. He sighed, picking up his bag and deciding to walk home, it was only 25 minutes, plus it would be good exercise.

Barely five minutes after he left, it started raining, he shivered, rubbing his arms as he was wearing a t-shirt today. Just his luck.

His eyes widened as he saw Harry motorbike zooming by, he quickly ducked his head, not wanting Harry to see him. But he heard the motorbike come to a stop and knew that Harry had seen him. He turned to his right, seeing Harry there with a questioning look on his face.

"Why are you walking home?" Harry asks and Louis shrugs.

"My driver couldn't make it." He explains.

Harry rolls his eyes before asking for him to get on. But Louis shakes his head, continuing to walk.

"Louis, get on, I'll drive you home," Harry repeats but Louis just looks away.

"I'm fine walking," He says.

He hears Harry sighing.

"Fine," And then Harry's bike stopped a bit further ahead as he walked up to Louis, handing him his hoodie before getting on the bike. Harry looks at Louis, like an offering, but Louis shakes his head and then Harry is off.

Louis bites his lip, before putting on Harry's hoodie, it went to his mid-thigh, and way past his fingertips. He felt so much warmer already, as the rain had become a slight drizzle now. He loved the way the hoodie smelt, like Harry, like home.

And for the first time in a while, Louis smiled.

A real smile.

A/N: in case anyone was wondering, Louis didn't get on because he just needed time to think about everything going on. Please vote and comment!