Chapter Ten

Jamie's P.O.V

It's been a couple of days since Charlie rang me and told me the hospital let him go but he was going back to his Dad's to stay with him for a while. I didn't know why but I was starting to miss him being around all the time. Especially now I have to walk to school on my own.

"Jamie, hey what's up?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I turned around and it was Charlie's Sister Sam.

"Oh hey, I'm good just on my way to school you?" I said stopping so I could talk to her.

"Just gonna get some sweets in the shop and head back home, it's been crazy in the house since what happened to Charlie." She said with her smile turning into a frown.

"I haven't spoken to him in a couple of days, how's things going with him up at your Dads?" I said starting to walk with her towards the shop.

She stopped and looked at me weirdly "Dads? Jamie our Dad left when we were kids and we haven't seen him since." she said.

"But that's where Charlie went during the Summer, he told me that. Plus when the hospital let him out the other day he went to stay with your Dad again for while." I said confused at what she just told me.

"Wait, what? The hospital didn't let him out." Then the expression on her face dropped "He hasn't told you has he?" She said.

"Told me what?" I replied starting to get worried.

"He didn't spend the Summer at my Dad's he spent the Summer in Hospital." She said sounding shocked that Charlie hadn't told me.

"Why was he in hospital?" I asked.

"I think you should ask him yourself, I've said enough Jamie, sorry." Then she walked into the shop and I turned around walking away not knowing what to do.

I picked up the phone ringing Charlie and he wouldn't answer so I guess the only thing I could do was to go down to the hospital to see him. I ran to catch the bus to the Hospital once I was there I ran inside and spotted my Mom.

"What are you doing here aren't you meant to be in school?" She said

"I could ask you the same thing." I replied trying to sound smart.

"I work here, remember." She said sitting me down.

"I found out Charlie is still here, I need to see him." I said folding my arms sitting back on the chair.

"Are you sure about that?" My Mom said putting her arm around me.

"Wait, you knew he was here? and you didn't tell me? WHY?" I shouted starting to get angry.

"He asked me not too, he didn't want you getting hurt, but I guess now you know you need to talk to him." My Mom said standing up and reaching her hand out towards me.

I stood up following my Mom around the hospital not paying attention to where we were going.

"Just in here, I'll wait outside." Mom said pointing towards the door.

I walked into the room and seen Charlie laying on the bed facing the window.

"Charlie?" I said walking towards him.

"Jamie what are you doing here?" He whispered still facing the window.

"I found out you were still here and I needed to know why? Why you lied to me?" I said sitting in the seat next to his bed.

" I lied because I didn't want I hurt you Jamie." He said still looking away from me.

"Hurt me how? Charlie why aren't you looking at me? Charlie turn around and look at me." I said with tears starting to form in my eyes.

When he turned around and looked at me it wasn't the same Charlie I became friends with again when school started again. He was so worn out and pale.

"What's wrong Charlie? Why are you still here? Why did you lie? Why has everyone been lying even me Mom, what is wrong?" I questioned him.

"I HAVE CANCER." Charlie shouted as tears started falling from both our eyes.