Chapter Eight

Charlie's P.O.V

I woke up still laying on the ground in the lane, it was late and dark. Barely anyone walks up here so it didn't surprise me no one had found me yet. My head and ribs were aching. I didn't even see who hit me because they came from behind but I immediately thought of Niall and the others, he did say in school that this wasn't over and he was right it isn't and tomorrow I'm going to show him that.

I walked that bit further to my house, no one was in my Mum was still at work, my brother was probably over at some girls house staying and my little sister was staying at her friends, I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror and wow, do I look like shit. I had a black eye, busted nose and my lip was cut. I took of Jamie's shirt that he lent me and I could already see the bruises on my body starting to appear, I know I should probably go to hospital but I've spent far too much time there to last me a lifetime. So I just decided to get into bed and sleep it off, I can tell tomorrow is going to be another rough day.

"Charlie wake up or you'll be late fo- ahhhhhhhh what the hell happened to you?" my Mum screamed waking me up out of my sleep.

"Oh nothing I just got attacked at the lane last night no biggie." I said sitting up in my bed. My body still ached and so did my head, I got a slight dizzy spell when I sat up and I just wanted to pass out again.

"It's 08:15am you were gonna be late, but now you aren't going to school I'm bringing you to the hospital." Mom said throwing clothes at me.

"Mom stop fussing, it isn't that bad I just have to take things easy and I've spent so much time in hospital I just don't wanna spend anymore time in it." I said pushing my Mom out of the room so I could get dressed.

"Okay but if things get worse I'm bringing you to the hospital." She shouted once I closed my bedroom door.

"Yeah okay Mom." I replied aggravated, I'd say anything at this point to stop her from bugging me.

*I came in like a text message*

Yeah I know Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball with a twist is my text message alert, I thought It was cool.

'Remember the promise?" It was a text from Jamie I quickly replied. 'Obviously, see you soon.' I'm not going to lie I completely forgot about it, it totally slipped my mind but I wasn't going to tell him that.

I got up and ran down stairs "Mom I'm heading out now I gotta go meet a friend, love you." by the time she got to reply I was already out the door and on my way to Jamie's.

I stood outside Jamie's and texted him telling him I was outside but Kate answered the door first. "Oh hey Kate." I said wondering why she was at Jamie's.

"Don't worry Charlie, strictly friends I live across the street. I come over for breakfast some mornings before school and WOW what the hell happened to you." she said looking at my face.

"Happened to who?" Jamie said walking outside. His face literally dropped when he seen me.

"Oh my god Charlie what happened? When? Who? WHY?" He said rambling on and on.

"Jamie calm down, it happened when left to go home last night, I was walking up the lane next to my house and someone hit me from behind and I blanked out but they kept hitting me. I don't know who it was but I have a pretty good idea." I said watching his and Kate's shocked expressions.

"I swear I am going to kill that dick-head." Jamie said charging down his pathway.

"Wait what? You know who it is?" Kate said running after him.

"I have a pretty good idea like Charlie said, only one person threatened you yesterday and I was there, it was Niall." Jamie said running on to school.

"Guys slowdown I'm getting a little dizzy." I said calling after them, my headache was getting worse and I kept feeling drowsy.

Finally I caught up with Jamie and Kate outside the school. It actually made me feel really happy that Jamie was ready to go to war over me. But I couldn't let him do that, but could I stop him because once I seen Niall and the others enter the school Jamie was running after them.

"Yo, hey you, stop." Jamie shouted towards Niall and his crowd of friends.

"Who me?" Niall said smirking.

"Yes you, I know what you did you piece of shit, he used to be your friend." Jamie shouted ready to punch Niall, I ran up and stood in between them stopping Jamie from getting hurt or expelled.

"Oh shit what happened to you?" Niall said laughing at the black eye I had.

Everything from that was a blur I just remember Jamie saying something to Niall along the lines of "you piece of shit" and the next thing I knew I was pushed up against the locker and I banged the back of my head again and the drowsiness got the better of me. Next thing I knew it I was falling unconscious and towards the floor.