Aftershocks

Introducing the Second Annakamara, portrayed by the lovely Emma Stone with the theme "After the Fall" by Two Steps From Hell. :)

Enjoy!

***

"How long's she got until she wakes up?" Rose asked, pulling up a chair in the medbay as the Doctor started hooking Anna up to a few scanners.

"Might be a bit longer than the usual fifteen hours," the Doctor answered. "First regeneration usually takes the biggest toll of them all. But I can keep her in this trance, let her heal this way without waking up."

"That might be best," Rose admitted as the Doctor pulled up a chair on the other side of Anna. "And now we just . . . wait?"

"We wait," the Doctor nodded. "The TARDIS is searching for a way to try and give you one last chance to speak with your mother before we close the breach for good. It'll give us time to run by your old flat if you want to get anything."

Rose swallowed. "We're on the list of casualties, aren't we? Me, Mum, and Mickey?"

"Yes," the Doctor nodded. "You're a ghost now, Rose. I'm sorry."

Rose shook her head. "I should write my own eulogy."

"And what would that say?" the Doctor grinned.

Rose tilted her head. "Planet Earth," she began. "This is where I was born, and this is where I died. For the first nineteen yeas of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all, not ever. And then I met a man called the Doctor and his daughter, a girl called Annakamara. A man and his daughter who could change their faces. And they took me away from home in their magical machine. They showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end. That's what I thought. But then came the army of ghosts. Then came Torchwood, and the War. And that's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died."

The Doctor snorted. "They'd never believe you."

"Tough on them," Rose shrugged. "They're missing out." She looked down at Anna, then at where the Doctor's hand was holding his daughter's. "So, what are we going to do about . . . " She reached over to take their combined hands. "This, when she wakes up?"

"Something tells me she won't oppose it," the Doctor smirked. "But we'll figure it out when she wakes up. You need to go sleep."

"I'm not leaving her," Rose shook her head instantly.

He sighed. "Then take another bed in here. I'll watch her, Rose."

Rose nodded, standing up and kissing his cheek, then Anna's forehead, before going over to one of the other beds in the medbay. She laid down on her side, keeping an eye on the Doctor and Anna for as long as she could before she drifted off to sleep.

***

Orange gold. Cybermen. Daleks. Torchwood. Rose's voice, her father's . . .

Anna groaned, tilting her head sideways a bit, wincing as she tried to sort her memories out. She remembered a lot of screaming, a good deal of it directed at her . . .

"Kara," the Doctor's voice broke through the haze. "Kara, can you hear me? I need to know you can hear me, sweetheart. Squeeze my hand so I know you can hear me, OK?" Anna couldn't sort out which hand the Doctor was holding, so she just squeezed both of them. "Good girl. Follow my voice, OK? Wake up. What color eyes have you got now?"

"No idea," she thought back, trying to force her eyes open.

"Let's find out. Open your eyes, Karataleria. We've got you."