Doomsday

I think this is actually the most I teared up for any series, and it broke my heart to write "Doomsday," "Last of the Time Lords," and "The End of Time" for Caly and "The Angels Take Manhattan" for Jessie.

So, I won't tell you to enjoy. But here's "Doomsday!"

***

"Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!"

Rose had had enough the moment she felt Anna start to tremble. "Daleks!" she yelled, making them stop. "You're called Daleks," she stated, taking off her coat and walking up to glare right at the black Dalek. "I know your name. Think about it. How can I know that? A human who knows about the Daleks and the Time War. If you want to know how, then keep us alive. That's all I'm asking. Me, and my friends."

"Yeah, Daleks," Mickey nodded. "Time War. Me, too."

"Yeah, and me," Rajesh nodded.

"You will be necessary," the black Dalek decided. "Report. What is the status of the Genesis Ark?"

"Status, hibernation," one of the Daleks answered as Anna peered around Mickey to squint at the Dalek-shaped contraption behind them.

"Commence awakening. The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else."

"The Daleks," Mickey frowned at Rose. "You said they were all dead."

"Never mind that," Rose shook her head. "What the hell's a Genesis Ark?"

***

"What's down there?" Jackie asked the Doctor frantically as he tried to get through to Mara. He had felt his daughter's fear like a gunshot, and currently, he was trying to figure out what exactly scared her that much. "She was in that room with the sphere. What's happened to Rose?"

"I don't know," he shook his head. "I'll find her. I'll get you both out, you and your daughter. Jackie, my daughter's down there, too. That's motivation enough."

Jackie nodded, understanding the Doctor meant what he said. Messing with his companions was bad enough. Messing with his daughter, on the other hand . . . that was anyone's death sentence.

"You will talk to your central world authority and order global surrender," the CyberLeader told Yvonne.

"Oh, do some research," Yvonne snorted. "We haven't got a central world authority."

"You have now. I will speak on all global wavelengths." The CyberLeader clenched a fist to the left side of its chest. "This broadcast is for humankind." The Doctor slipped on his 3D spectacles, watching the CyberLeader. "Cybermen now occupy every land mass on this planet, but you need not fear. Cybermen will remove fear. Cybermen will remove sex and class and color and creed. You will become identical. You will become like us."

It wasn't long after the broadcast before they heard sirens start outside. The Doctor took one look outside and blanched, seeing fires breaking out all over London. "I ordered surrender," the CyberLeader said; if it could sound confused, it did.

"They're not taking instructions," the Doctor glared. "Don't you understand? You're on every street, you're in their homes, you've got their children! Of course they're going to fight!"

***

"Which of you is least important?" the black Dalek asked.

Rose frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Which of you is least important?"

"No, we don't work like that, none of us."

"Designate the least important!"