Love and Monsters

Interlude version, because there was practically no Doctor and Rose in the episode. And the episode just sucked, too.

Enjoy "Love and Monsters" anyway!

***

"Doctor! Doctor, the trap!"

The Doctor spun around when he heard Rose shout, and he ran to see her and Anna running from another direction. "Where's he gone?" he looked around. "Can you see him?"

"There he is!" Rose pointed, and the Doctor ran to try and see. "Stop, no! Watch out! There!"

"Where?" the Doctor asked in exasperation, only for Rose to run off, Anna tagging along behind her. "Where?"

It was supposed to be simple, really. They'd found out there was a Hoix in the area, which would be horrible if they didn't do something about it. So they'd come up with a plan to catch it . . . only apparently, the Hoix didn't want to be caught.

Figured, really. The easiest task would be bloody difficult to achieve.

He heard growling coming from the next corridor over, and he went over, only to see the Hoix growling out another door. He went up behind the Hoix to see it snarling at a terrified young man, who couldn't seem to walk away. "Here, boy!" the Doctor whistled, pulling a pork chop out of his pocket and waving it in the air. "Eat the food. Come on, look at the lovely food. Isn't that nice?" The Hoix turned around, sniffing. "Isn't it? Yes, it is. Get out of here, quickly," he snapped at the young man, only to go back to coaxing the Hoix when it went to turn. "That's a boy. Wouldn't you like a porky choppy then? I said run!"

Rose came running and screaming, carrying a steaming bucket past Elton. The Doctor just barely saw the color before Rose threw the contents over the Hoix, only for it to roar. "Wrong one!" he groaned. "You made it worse!"

"You said blue!" Rose's jaw dropped.

"I said not blue!"

"But did you get him?" Anna asked as she ran in from another way.

The Hoix turned with a snarl, and she screamed, running off again, the Hoix taking chase. "Don't you dare, don't you dare!" Rose yelled, barreling after them.

"Hold on!" the Doctor closed the door behind him, running to help.

From there, it was a mix-up of who was chasing whom. In the end, Rose managed to grab the right bucket and chase after the Hoix, the Doctor running back to see the young man still hadn't moved. He was nearly through the next door when he paused, frowning, and he came back, eyeing the man in confusion. "Hold on. Don't I know you?"

"Daddy, we got him!" Anna called telepathically.

"Oh!" The Doctor hurried out of the warehouse and towards the TARDIS, Rose and Anna coming from the other direction. "And we're out of here!"

"We got him, we got him!" Anna sang, doing a little dance as they got into the TARDIS, the Doctor taking them off.

"We celebrate!" Rose giggled, dancing along with her.

"Daddy, can we get ice cream?" Anna asked, tilting her head.

"Mara," the Doctor began.

"Oh, go on, give him what I showed you," Rose nudged Anna with a grin.

"What?" the Doctor blinked, only to groan when Anna gave him puppy dog eyes. "Oh, Rose, come on!"

"She was nearly eaten by a Hoix, and I saved her life," Rose folded her arms, raising an eyebrow. "I say we go get ice cream."