卌 t w e n t y - f o u r 卌

Start from the beginning

I rubbed my the back of my neck. "Um, I'm not sure if I want to go out tonight."

Calum's smile faded. "Come on, Ash, you've said that every night this week. Just this one night. I made sure this place was small, too."

I shook my head. "I don't know, Calum-"

"You're going." Calum said. "I've already made reservations."

"But Calum-"

"But Ash," Calum mimicked my voice. "Look, I'm sorry what happened, happened. Just promise me when we go out tonight you'll try to forget about it."

I sighed. "Okay, maybe going out will help." I nodded.

"Good," he patted my back. "Now go get ready, and take a shower while you're at it, you smell like oh haven't showered since Monday." Calum wrinkled his nose.

I looked at him. "I haven't."

"Oh," Calum shrugged. "We'll go get ready time's-a-wasting!"

I slowly jogged over to the bathroom, and Calum's phone buzzed. I looked at him as he pulled out his phone and quickly started typing.

"Who's that?" I asked him, walking back over to look at his phone.

"My mom," Calum yanked the phone out of my sight.

I eyed him. "Whatever, Calum." I sighed, walking back into the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I got dressed in a grey shirt with black skinny jeans, and tied some converse on.

I stood in front of Calum 30 minutes later.

"You look great," he grinned, scanning me up and down.

"Thanks," I smiled.

We jumped into his car and we picked up Michael and Luke, who were at the local Arcade.

They jumped into the backseat.

"Where did you choose to have dinner?" Luke called from the back.

"You'll find out," Calum smiled.

We drove around and listened to All Time Low. As bad as I felt, spending time with the boys and singing along to the music made me feel better.

After about thirty minutes of driving we pulled up to a small building by a beach. The sun was setting on the horizon, making the sky a beautiful purple-orange colour. For some reason I felt my heart flutter and a wave of nervousness overcame me.

Calum stopped the car and looked around. "Do you guys know where the beach bathrooms are? I gotta use it before we go in," he muttered.

I realised how badly I had to pee. "Me too," I noted.

Luke pointed to a small bathroom building far to the left.

"You can go first, Ashton." Calum said.

I unbuckled from the car and jogged to the bathroom building. Before I went inside I looked back at the car and saw Calum leaned over the front seat talking to Michael and Luke, and I had the strange feeling I was being talked about.

When I got back all the boys were out of the car and Calum's phone buzzed.

"Who ya texting?" Michael asked curiously.

Calum eyed him. "My mom," he said.

"What's she want?" I tried to bring myself back into the conversation.

Calum's face tinted red. "Oh, um, she was wondering if I wanted to watch a movie."

I stared at him. "Isn't she back in Australia?"