Outside

It was a brand new day. I was woken up by my bed side alarm clock but I hit snooze with my brain. Today I was going to ask my father if I could go to school and be like all the other kids on TV. I could finally complain about how much homework I got and complain about how tired I am (even though I wake up early for tests for father). My father walked into my room to wake me up for testing but noticed I was already awake.
"Good morning son"
"Morning father"
"Are you ready for your morning tests today?"
"Actually father, I wanted to ask you something"
"And what's that son?"
"I feel like a robot all cramped up in here all the time, I haven't seen outside ever and I haven't seen other kids either. I just really want to be like everyone else, so can I go to school?".
Silence filled the air for what seemed like forever until he finally spoke. He placed a hand on my shoulder, "Jonathan, you know I love you more than anything in the whole world, but you're to dangerous to be in the public and if anyone finds out about your powers then the military can take you away"
"I know, but I promise I wont let anyone see them"
"I'll think about it-" my father said as he was cut off by me hugging him.
"Thank you" my muffled voice said in his lab coat. He smiled and kissed my head. 
*A week later*
I was watching dragon ball z, curled up in my blanket with my teddy. My door creaked open, I turned to see my father and Daniel.
"Hello father, Daniel"
"Hello son"
"So Daniel and I have been talking about you going outside, meeting kids, and going to school and we've decided that, yes you can go to school". My eyes and mouth widened and I squealed in joy. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you father! Thank you Daniel!"
"You're welcome". Daniel left and it was just me and father. "You can tell time right?"
"Yes father"
"Okay, I will pick you up after school at 2:50" he said handing me a watch, I nodded.
"Schools different than the lab, tests there aren't what tests are here. Test there you have to study for and not use your brain to pick up things, okay?"
"Study?"
"It's when you look over what you learned recently so you're prepared for the test", I nodded.
"When can I see outside?"
"You can today if you want"
"I want!" I yelled. He nodded and grabbed my hand walking me out of the room. There were 2 big doors with really bright light going through the glass. He opened the door and pushed my back lightly towards the outside as the light blinded me. I wasn't wearing shoes so I felt something tickle my feet, I giggled getting used to the light. The world was green and covered in the green tickling my feet, it's called grass. I heard of it on TV, the sky was blue, there were animals walking around. The only animals I've seen were in cages in the test room. I laughed as I felt a cool breeze flow over my buzzed head. Oxygen filled my lungs of the beautiful fresh air of the outdoors.
I couldn't wait to see what else there was.