Gonna Get Better

Dinah's POV
It had been a few months. A few months and I had already fallen for her. Lauren Jauregui. The one girl I was pretty sure, I aid no chance with. She's Camila's cousin for crying out loud. We're fried and all but no one knows that. If someone did Lauren would be a loser and I'd be dead. I just got back from My chemistry class. It was so fucking hard to focus when Lauren was gorgeous.
Lauren's POV
I walked beside Dinah as we exited Chemistry class. I don't know if Dinah got it, but there was definitely some chemistry between us. Of course she wouldn't know. She probably is into guys anyway. She's too pretty to even waste time on me. We said goodbyes before Anyone could see us. I hated the fact that I had to hide my friendship with Dinah. What was it going to be like if we dated? I mean-uh what? I didn't say that. Never mind. Dinah had class with Zendaya and Camz and I had class with Ally now, Dinah I'd probably going through hell. After about 30 minutes I decided to go to the bathroom and Ally asked a few minutes after to let me borrow her make up.
Dinah's POV
I was trying to do my work, but like usual Camila and Zendaya wanted to bother me. It's only been 2 months since Lauren got here and they've only gotten worse. It's almost as if they're trying to impress her. I raised my hand annoyed from thing 1 and 2. The both quickly turned around and pretended that they were working the whole time.
"Yes, Dinah?" Mr. Hansen said.
" Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.
"I don't know can you?" he said smiling widely.
"Can you get a real job?" I said with an attitude while standing up. He was my uncle. He was substituting for Mr. Larry. My uncle and I got along very well. We joked around a lot and he knew I wasn't actually trying to hurt his feelings or be offensive,  that's why he didn't give me a detention like Mr. Larry would've.
" DJ, are you going with Milika to Grams?" he asked as he scrolled through his phone. I finished signing out and looked up from the clipboard.
"Uh, no. I'm staying home over the weekend. Gram moved again?" I asked. My Grandma has moved so many times in her life she lost count.
"Oh, I was going to say see you tomorrow, but I guess not. I'll see you soon, though. Now hurry up you've got 10 minutes left of class!" he said before telling the rest of the students the homework. I walked into the bathroom, but I heard Lauren speaking. I looked passed the corner and Ally was with her.
" I just, don't know. I like her, but she doesn't even know it." Lauren said putting mascara on.
"Well are you at least going to tell me who it is?" Then the door made a creaking noise and I knew I had to walk out. I just pretended like I wasn't listening to their conversation. .
"Dinah!" Lauren said excitedly. I widened my eyes and she remembered who was standing next to her.
"What are you doing in here?" She said smoothly.
"Um... getting away from class.." I said shyly, but only because Ally was standing right there.
"Well, Lauren I'm going to go find Troy. Hurry up, because I need my makeup back. See ya next class." she said giving me the death glare as she walked out the bathroom.
Lauren stared at me for a few moments before running and tackling me to the ground.
"Ow! .... Lo, s-s-stop" she was hugging me and tickling me making me laugh. She stood up and helped me up giving me another hug.
"Someone's clingy" I giggled. But I really didn't mind it.
"I've missed you. You're my best friend, you should already know what's coming next." she laughed. That word Friend. I've always wanted to be called that since Mani left. But not by Lauren. I didn't want to be her friend. I wanted to be more than that. As much as I wanted to be called a friend by someone that word has become my least favorite. Camila always said that I want things I can't have. She was right. I wanted Lauren. But lauren wouldn't ever date me. I'm a loser, and I'm a girl. I would've said these things IF, I didn't overhear Lauren and Ally's conversation. Lauren isn't straight. She's into girls. I don't know if she plays for both teams or just one. I just know she likes a girl. As much as I  wanted to know this information, I got a bad feeling. What if that girl isn't me. What if I am just a loser Lauren doesn't care about. It would kill me to see Lauren with someone else. Everyday I just fall in love with her even more.
"Um Dinah?" Lauren waved in my face.
"You're staring...." I blushed. But She said that blushing. Wait what? No it's probably the make up. "... The bell rang." She said a bit nervously.
"Fuck." I groaned.
"Let's go." I said grabbing Lauren's hand and my bag in the other.
Lauren's POV
I was trying not to freak out right now. Dinah was holding my hand. But it was like nothing to Dinah. She grabbed without hesitation. Which made me frown. Now I knew that Dinah and I were just friends. I was caught in the friend zone, and I hated it. I hated a lot of things like, how Dinah covered her smile, how Camz and days bullied Dinah, how ally doesn't give two shits about anyone's feelings, how I can't be with Dinah, I can't be there for Dinah. As a friend of course, I got her back, but at the same time I don't. Camila has power at this school. She even beat me up in the bathroom, for not letting her copy off my test. That was about 2 months ago. Dinah didn't know because if I told her. Let's just say things wouldn't end well.
Dinah's POV
We walked to back to my Uncle's room.
"Um Dinah? What are we doing here? This isn't the lunchroom." Lauren said pulling me back.
"I know." I said walking inside the classroom with her following.
"Oh, sup Dinahdime." My uncle said as he walked over pulling out his phone.
"Um who's this? I didn't know we were having company." He said smiling. Lauren didn't have this class yet, so he didn't meet everyone yet.
" This is Lauren. Lauren this is my uncle, Sam. But I call him Samycat." I said they shook hands and exchanged words. Blah blah blah.
"So Dinah... What are we doing here again?" She asked nervously.
"Waiting for the food." I smiled taking out my notebook. It fell in the floor and a few pages stuck in it glided to the floor.
"Shit." I said. This notebook wasn't anything Dinah needed to Lauren to see.
Narrator
She picked up a piece of paper, the one piece of paper Dinah wasn't okay with her seeing. Any other paper and she picked that one up.
She slowly unfolded it and Dinah turned away to pick up the rest that had fallen.

"Dinah... I-I..." Lauren was short of words. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. On that paper was a drawn picture. Very detailed. Black (well grey since it's a pencil) and white. It was a picture of Lauren. She was making a heart with the other persons hands. And there was a heart on the top right with words next it. It read :
If this was my heart -> ❤️
Read what would be inside of it.
Lauren read the heart and it said her name. Dinah liked her? No Dinah loved her...
Lauren's POV
Dinah Jane Hansen. Liked me? No way. I couldn't believe this. But the other person wasn't drawn. Just the top half of the body and the arm making a heart with My hand. She quickly turned to Dinah and hugged her from behind.
Dinah's POV
Lauren hugged me from behind startling me for a second. I turned around and hugged Lauren the right way.
"I have something to show you..." She said blushing.
I nodded and she grabbed a blue folder and handed it to me. I opened it and saw a pice of folded paper. When I unfolded it I couldn't believe what I saw.
It was Lauren drawing me. The picture got every detail of what I wore one day and what I looked like.
I looked up for my he paper and she said three words I thought I'd never hear.
"I love you." Without a stutter. What she did next took me by surprise. She leaned over and crashed our lips together.

A/N so next part you ain't gonna like, but you will like at the same time. Sorry... For ahead of time😜