"Noh? Noh?" I am suddenly shaken out of my thoughts by a warm hand that lies on top of my shoulder. Flinching in surprise, I turn to look at the other two faces for the first time in a while. As if driven by a invisible force, my eyes land on the person who is the cause of my concerns. I can see my reflection in his big round eyes. Even in there, I can see the detached look in my face. "Yeah?" I decide to drop my thoughts, push them to the back of my mind, but even as I speak, the questions are still there, begging me to speak them.

"Kai was asking you about your favorite team but you seemed lost in your thoughts. Is there something bothering you, Noh?" Phun asks me in a gentle voice, giving my shoulder a light squeeze. Ignoring Phun's concerned expression, I concentrate on responding Kai's question. I can feel Phun's intense stare linger in me, analyzing me as I talk, but I choose to ignore it and stare at Kai's feline eyes. Whatever I was feeling, I was not planning to let him know. I was going to be patient and let him take the initiative. I had already given him the first push, now it was up to him.

Although a bit relunctant, Phun decides to return to his conversation with Kai. They go back to discussing what team is better. They both have good arguments and by the looks of it, it's going to be a tie. After a while, they decide to bet over tonight's winner. They ask me to join them but I decline them along with a smile. I had already spent half of my savings on cat food and supplies. I couldn't afford to be more broke than I already was. Besides, I wasn't that fond of the teams that were playing anyways.

The time starts ticking by as I continue deep in my thoughts. With my eyes fixed on the screen, I watch in silence, without really paying attention to the game. By now, the other two persons have accepted that I am not in the mood to engage myself in their discussions and are leaving me out of them. According to the small timer in the corner of the screen, there is fifteen minutes before the game ends. Fifteen minutes before I can excuse myself to wash the dishes. Since when did I start longing to wash the dishes? No wonder I was considered the girl in the relationship. I think to myself, bitterly.

Five minutes before the game ends, my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I stir from the couch in surprise, pushing Captain off my lap and causing the other two boys to look my way. I brush them off with an awkward smile before proceeding to bring my phone out of my pocket. I can't contain a gasp from leaving my lips upon reading the caller's ID: Phun's mother.

Although we had agreed to keep in touch, this was the first time she tried to contact me since her last visit. What could she possibly want? Had she already convinced Phun's father to talk to him? If she asked me about Phun, what was I going to say? Could I tell her that Phun had agreed to talk to his father even though that was something I wasn't completely sure about?

"Who is it, Noh?" Phun's sudden question makes me jump in fright before rushing to hide my phone behind me. "Why did you become so pale? Who is it?" Phun continues with a raised eyebrow and starts to reach for my phone. 

I whirl around in an attempt to keep him from grabbing my phone, which is safely hidden behind my back. "It's It's just Yuri." I tell him in a trembling voice that gives away my nervousness. "Then why aren't you answering her? Answer her. It must be something urgent." Phun tells me in a solemn voice but I can tell he is annoyed from the way he is looking at me.

"Okay! I'll be right back!" I excuse myself with a bow which is so unlike of me, and rush out of the living room and towards our bedroom.

After entering the room, I lock the door behind me and take a deep breath. My heart is beating frantically against my rib cage and my muscles are aching. What was I supposed to tell her? Have I failed in my mission? Or could I give her good news? Calm down, Noh. You got this. I give myself strength as I seat over the bed.