Chapter Twenty Four

Inline comments are loved!!!

______________________________________

"I failed cabir. I failed." Manik said crying continuously. He was chanting the same thing over and over again.

After tucking nandini to sleep comfortably on the bed. Manik and cabir came to the living room as they didn't want to disturb nandini.

"You didn't fail manik. We will make everything okay." Cabir said while tears were rolling down his cheek.

"I did fail cabir. I failed as a friend. Best friend. I fail as a lover. I could not save her. She had to go through so much."

Manik had told everything to cabir. About her marks, about the food, about nightmares, her medical conditions. Everything.

Cabir hugged manik tightly which manik needed it the most.

After sometime cabir broke the hug.

"But manik why did uncle(that is manik's dad) tell us that nandini is dead?"

"I don't know cabir. That's the thing I have been thinking all this while. I mean why did he tell us she is dead when he loves nandini like his own daughter. Even if he wanted to separate us which is just an assumption because I know dad will never do that. Why would he tell me she is alive? It doesn't make any sense. Dads sudden death I mean he was fine 2 hours before he died and I am damn sure something did happen in these two hours which we don't know. Which is why I am getting frustrated by everything."

"And nandini. The most happy go lucky person she was among us. She always brought a smile on everyone's face. Who never use to get scared of anyone, is now even scared to even talk to people. Memories of past 8 years haunt her each day. Every hour. Every minute and I can't do anything. I feel so wasted right now as I can't do anything." manik said all this looking outside in the dark night while tears were wetting his cheeks.

"But how did nandini know about you I mean she trusts you blindly"

"Lily aunty told her. She told her that one day her boyfriend will come to take her out of the hell she was living in. She built that trust in nandini about me. That's why she trusts me blindly without even thinking twice."

Cabir made manik turn towards him.

"We will fight this together manik. We will get our old princess. Our old partner back."

"Yes we will. This time I won't let her go away from me even for a moment, even for a second."

"But we have to find out about that person who did this to nandini as soon as possible. I know he will be searching for her to take her back to that hell. I just can't wait to rip his head apart from his body."

"The day when he will come in front of me. When I will get to know about him, trust me I will make him beg for his death. I will make him suffer for each and every pain he has given to my princess. I will."

"Mannikkkkkk" manik and cabir heard the scream and rushed towards manik's room.

" Princess." Manik called out nandini's name as he entered the room.

He saw nandini rolled up into a ball on the bed, hiding herself more and more into her knees. Her hands locked around her knees.

Manik composed himself after seeing nandini in such a devastating and vulnerable state. He went near her but not before assuring cabir that she will be fine. Cabir was not able to react to the scene which he saw in front of him. Never in his wildest dreams also he thought that he will witness nandini in this state.

"Princess. Look at me." Manik said looking at nandini. Nandini looked at him through the corner of her eyes.

"Come to me baccha. See your boyfriend is here." Manik said lovingly, opened his hands and gestured with his fingers to come to him.

As soon as nandini saw him she jumped on him and hugged him as tight as she could.

Manik responded back with equal force, caressing her cheek with one hand and with the other he ran his fingers in her hair.

As soon as nandini felt manik's warmth, his presence she relaxed in his arms snuggling more and more into his chest.

"What happened to my baccha." Manik asked softly, whispering into her ears.

Nandini broke the hug when manik spoke to her.

She started hitting manik on his chest, continuously chanting he is very bad. She won't speak to him.

"Ouch. Nandini stop. What did I do?" Saying this manik held her hands in his and pulled her close to him. He touched their forehead together and closed their eyes.

"Tum kaha chale gaye the. Tumhe pata hai mein kitna dar gayi thi. It was so dark aur tum bhi mere pass nahi the." She said cutely. Complaining to manik. Manik was listening to her so keenly as if he did a huge crime.

"Sholly." Manik said in a babyish tone and held his ears, making a pout.

"Its okay but don't do it next time." She said in the most innocent tone.

They again touched each others foreheads with a everlasting smile on there face.

"Hmm hmmm." Cabir coughed to get manik and nandini back from their manan world.

"Let me remind you. I am also alive." Cabir said sarcastically.

Nandini was still sitting on manik's lap, hugging him and kept her head on his chest.

"We know cabir but for now bye." Manik said in an irritated, sarcastic tone.

"Bye kyu." Cabir said raising his eyebrows.

"Kyuki my princess is sleepy." Manik turned towards nandini. "Han nah princess." To which nandini bobbed her head cutely.

"Even I am sleepy but I can't sleep alone. Mujhe dar lagta hai." Cabir said as he wanted to tease manan for sometime which our innocent nandu was unaware of.

"Really tumhe bhi dar lagta hai."

Cabir nodded her head.

"Okay. Partner tum bhi idhar sojao."

" Okay. Come manik. I want to hug you and sleep."

"Nooooo." nandini screamed.

"Kya hua partner." Cabir asked hiding his smile.

While manik was just enjoying their talks.

"Boyfriend won't sleep with you. You can't hug him and sleep. Only I can hug boyfriend and sleep with him." nandini said tightening her grip on manik and pressed her cheek with his, pulling him more towards her.

Manik was just enjoying her possessiveness.

"But if I get scared then" Cabir asked.

"Then hug the pillow." Nandini answer right away.

"But pillow can't console me."

"Then go find a girlfriend for you because I am boyfriends(manik) girlfriend and only I can hug him and sleep. Hena boyfriend?" Nandini asked turning towards manik, blinking her eyes cutely like a doll.

Manik fell in love with her all over again anf kissed her cheek tightly. He was not able to control his emotions and nodded his head.

"But" Cabir said but got interrupted by manik.

"Cabir stop. I'll only hug my princess and sleep. No one else. Okay princess." Manik turned towards nandini.

Nandini smiles. Nods her head and kisses his cheek.

Cabir smiled seeing manik and nandini smiling at each other. He wished for they togetherness. Forever.

Hey guys. I hope you liked the update. Please like and comment on it.