Crazy House

A viscous growl rips through the silent air and I know my plan had worked. A few seconds pass and I hear nothing. More time and nothing still. I finally begin to relax, and I move to come out of my hiding place behind a crumbling angel statue when I hear it. A snap of a twig and then faint, footsteps. My breathing speeds up, faster and faster; my heart practically leaps out of my chest. But I have to stay quiet, otherwise he will find me. And there is no way in hell I am going to let that happen. Not again.

Very slowly, I poke my head around the statue to look around, only to find myself looking straight at him. The moonlight makes his pale skin look even paler and it reflects off of his glowing eyes, making them look wild and desperate. Sticking out of his neck is an iron bar. Blood flows out of it profusely, painting his clothes in a dark red, but it doesn't seem to faze him in the slightest. In short, he looks completely and utterly demonic. But I suppose that is a fitting description for someone who is far from human.

I quickly dart back behind the statue, but by some stroke of luck, he hasn't seen me. I let out a sigh, but my relief is short lived. A second later the footsteps stop, they had to be but a few feet away from where I am hiding.

"Oh Juliette, come out come out wherever you are. Come on my dear, don't you want to play a game with me?" He purrs. His words send a shiver of horror throughout my body. "I know you are out there Juliette, I hear that frantic little heart of yours beating. I can practically see your perfect pale breasts heaving in panic." He takes a few more steps forward then stops. A moment later, I hear him chuckle. He had found me.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I wait for the worst to happen. Though it seems impossible, my heart begins to beat even faster; the frenzy of thump-thumps filling my ears. I wrap my arms around my body and rock back and forth, tears steadily rolling down my cheek because I know that this is how it ends. A large meaty hand grabs my shoulder and I let out a shrill scream of pure, unadulterated terror.

"Juliette! Juliette! It is okay, you are not in any danger. Just relax, stay with me Juliette! You are going to be alright, I promise, but you have to calm down!" I hear a man say in panic, but his voice sounds far away, as if the man is talking to me through a long tunnel. I ignore the man and continue to scream, this time squirming to get out of his grip. He curses under his breath and I hear him call out a few names.

A few seconds later, three more pairs of hands have joined the first one and they finally manage to pin me down. My song of horror stops and I open my eyes to find myself in a small, brightly lit, white room. The walls are covered in large cushions and my arms are wrapped around my body with a straight jacket. Four men have me pinned to the ground and a woman in a white coat stands over me, holding a syringe full of liquid. She bends down and plunges the needle into my neck, injecting the liquid into my blood stream.

"There dear, that should calm you down for a few days." The woman pats my cheek and gives me a huge smile before walking out of the padded room with the four men. The room around me grows fuzzy until all I see is whiteness and my limbs grow heavier and heavier. My brain feels as though it is slowly filling up with cotton balls, steadily making it more difficult to think. Oh yeah, I guess now would be a good time to mention that I live in a nut house; have ever since the age of seven. Mommy and Daddy couldn't stand having a daughter who thought she was having visions of the future, so they stuck me in here. I wonder what will happen when they find out my visions come true, that I am not crazy after all. No, I am far from it and now, I know how I am going to die.