Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

Eren P.O.V

'Why are people full of hate? I mean it's not there fault. No one comes out of there mothers womb thinking "Well, I'm going to be hateful for the rest of my life." Like no. Just no. There has to be something that went wrong from the moment you came out of your mothers womb to the person you are today.' I think to myself holding out an empty McDonald's cup that I had found on the street a few weeks ago. Yeah, I'm homeless. So hwhat? I mean yeah it's sad and all but not as sad as getting beat everyday. If much rather die of natural caused then from a sorry excuse of a step mom. Believe it or not, it was actually a woman beating me. I'm a pussy right? Whatever. I don't care. A sharp pain stabs me in the back of my head and I jolt on my side crying out in pain. I grab at the back of my head as tears run down my face.  I was not stabbed or something but I get this occasional pain in my head every now and then. Once it died down I sat back up someone walks by and puts a quarter in my cup and I let out a small 'thank you'

I've been in these streets for 3 years.. Or at least I think. Jesus... What year is it? It feels like forever. People pass by dropping coins and the occasional dollar I eventually have enough money to buy a 99¢ burger, and a large soda that I just filled with water. The sun goes down and I tuck my arms into my shirt and roll over, close my eyes and sleep. Half-way through the night I feel a different pain in my stomach, then the back of my head, face, and legs I wake up and there's about 4 - 5 black silhouettes surrounding me, all males. Kicking and punching me.  I cry out in pain, praying that something or someone would stop them. "No..." I cry as things fade to black. The last thing I heard was footsteps tuning towards these people. Fading in and out of consciousness I see another person fighting the black figures. It was like a angel, like a gift sent from above. I stare up at the Godly creature, fight my battle for me before slipping out of consciousness again.

I wake up to a dim setting, on a couch with a blanket over me. Pain in every aspect of my body. I look around at TV, coffee table a bookshelf and other regular home shit. It was actually nice... For the first time in a long time I felt nice... Besides the pain all over my body and the occasional stab like feeling in the back of my head. I hear the door open and I have two options. I could pretend like I'm sleeping, it try to make a run for it. Well... I'm not going anywhere in this condition, and I'm not the best at pretending, so I end up just starting at the guy who walks in, hoping he's not a serial killer. He has raven black a short bob-like hair cut, that complements his perfect silver blue eyes. He is muscular but not buff, and literally perfect. Hoestly, if he was a serial killer I honestly don't care.  The door closes behind him and he crosses his arms and stares at me. I look back at his eyes at this almost but not entirely awkward moment. He sighed and starts to walk out when for some reason my heart lurches out to call him back, almost as if I was scared to see him leave and never comeback. "Wait!" I say, the sound barley a squeek. My lungs started to hurt and I clenched my throat, beginning to cough, which just made it hurt more.

He quickly snaps in my direction and speed walks towards me. He looks confused and all I can think of is how confused I am too. The coughing comes too a rough stop and deep harsh breaths come after giving me a small burning sensation in the back of my throat. The man rubs my back softly and runs off into the other room leaving me to die. 'Okay eren, too dramatic'  I think to myself shaking my head. He comes back with ice cold water, holding it to my lips I take small, slow sips which turn into gulps until the glass is finished. "Are you okay?" I try to say something which just turns into a squeak. "Hold on." He says leaving me once again. Coming back with a spiral notebook and pen. "Let's hope your a neat writer." He says with a light chuckle. This brings a light smile to my face. I simply just write Thank you :) I pass him the notebook. He smiles and writes back. No problem :) Do you need anything? I look up and back at the paper. Do you have anymore water? He reads it and takes the glass back into the the other room which I assume is the  kitchen.

He comes back with a full glass and I chug it. "Jesus Christ kid!" He exclaims shocked. I want to laugh but then my thought starts to burn. And I began to couch my chest.  "What's wrong with you?" He asks surprisingly genuinely for a man I don't even know. I write down that I wish I knew. He writes back asking me if I had insurance and I shake my head. He sighed. "Listen," He says making me look at him. "My name is Levi, Levi Ackermen what's yours?" I write down eren Jager and hand it to him.  "Well, Eren, I see you on the streets like... Everyday, I seriously feel bad for you, especially since you look so young and I think you have alot of potential, and I want to help you, if you don't want it, that's completely fine and understandable. I'll give you a lift to wherever you want to be dropped off and leave you alone. But if you want to stay, I can help you. There's going to be alot of rules, but I promise I can help you get back on your feet." I nod my head.  of course I want this! This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity! He took it as a yes and started.

"Write this down." He says and I open my book to a clean page and have my notebook and pen ready. "Rule number one. Absolutely no drugs." He says in the most serious voice I'd ever heard, giving me a moment to write down. "How old are you Jager?" He asks and I put up 10 fingers then 6. "Sixteen?" I nod my head. "Then drinking either." I gulp and nod. "Rule number two, I'm going to sign you up for school and your going to go. And your going to finish. this school year is practically over so when it starts up again I'm signing you up. Understood? Great." He says before I could object. "Third, your curfew is 9:30 until I gain more trust, which brings me to number four. Don't break my trust. You will regret it." I write down everything, trying as quickly as possible taking it all in. "Respect is key, and without it you won't get far. Especially with me, Jager. Number 5. If you runaway or sneak out, you won't be coming back." I gulp once more. "6 Don't steal my things, if you do not only will you be leaving but I will kick your ass first. 8 don't hit me, unless you have a death wish. 9 don't destroy my property, and above all else, do NOT be dirty." I flip back to the page we were communicating through and write down what are you getting out of this? There must be a catch. :/  He just makes a 'tch' sound. "Listen kid, I'm doing you a favor, don't ask."

Honestly, these rules arnt that bad if not at all, and I had to stop to count my blessings.  I mean, yeah it's a bit weird but if anything happens I can just runaway and not comeback "Tomorrow I will be buying you some clothes but for now go take a shower, you smell horrendous. Can you even stand up?" Of course I can!  I think to myself, quickly standing up... Just for it to backfire as my legs wobble and I land on the floor, Levi comes to my aid immediately and helps me up. "Seriously brat? Do I need to help you in the tub?" I guess I looked offended because he looked like he instantly regretted it; but honestly, I don't care. I probably am handicapped or some other shit. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I had cancer at this point. I shook my head no,and slowly but surely he helped me to the bathroom, by the time I got to the room I could start walking on my own. He showed me how to work. "Do you know how to brush your hair, and use shampoo, conditioner, and body wash?" I shook my head yes and with that he left me.

In the shower I thought about everything, is he a serial killer, why did he want to help a homeless man, and most off all, me. I mean, of all people! I hear the door open and instantly feel embarrassed. "I'm setting some clothes  and a towel down, idiot." He left again and I got out dried off and changed into the clothes. It was a black hoodie, Grey sweatpants and black socks. After I finish changing I go downstairs, leaning on the wall for a bit of support. When I get to the living room (surprising enough i didn't get lost) Levi is sitting on the couch, drinking tea and reading a book that in bold letters says REHABILITATE. I clear my throat and he looks up at me. He sets the book and tea down and brings me back up the stairs to a guest room, which was big enough for 2 guests. It had a queen bed, Wooden dresser with a flat-screen on top, a medium sized closet, and a window behind the bed. It had some paintings on the walls and a nice dark red carpet. "Get some rest, your going to have a long day tomorrow." I nod and lay in the bed. He looks at me before turning of the light and leaving.

Hey y'all imma try to update more -_- ( ^ω^)(*^o^*)(´・_・')\( ̄<  ̄)>