30. One Step Closer

Start from the beginning

"No we haven't, is it a good place?"

"Oh yes, that's where I got my gown. They're marvelous and have great customer service, you should try it out."

"I will, thank you so much." I say with a smile.

"It's no problem, congratulations by the way."

I say a thank you and watch as she and her, who I'm assuming is husband, walk away.

"We'll try there after we eat; this is probably a sign." Alysha says biting onto a fry.

After lunch we mapped out the directions to the boutique the woman at the café told us about, and when we got there it was possibly the cutest little spot just by the beach.

We parked the car and went inside, being greeted by a short woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties, short brown hair and a wide smile.

"Welcome to Charlottes, I'm Josie, how can we help you ladies?"

"Um yes we were looking for a wedding dress for my friend here." Danielle says pointing to me.

"Oh well congratulations honey, come on in."

She ushers us further into the store, dresses in every corner but in the center of it all were big gold couches and a pedestal in the middle with at least three mirrors behind.

"Can we offer you ladies some wine?" Josie asks motioning her hand to a bucket of ice that had a wine bottle sitting in it.

"Ooh wine, yes." Spencer says totally fascinated.

Josie laughs and pours her and the rest of us a glass, "Okay well you go ahead and look, pick as many as you'd like and hand them to Stephanie who will put it in your dressing room."

I nod my head in agreement and begin looking, the girls pitching in their suggestions every so often, once I had about five gowns I retreated to my dressing room, taking a look at them hanging on the wall, "Okay you guys, one of you has to be the one."

I tried on each and every gown but still nothing, I was on the verge of tears when I decided to look one more time.

I had spent most of my time in this store than I did in any other, part of me just hoping that my dress would be here.

I looked down the aisles of dresses and caught a glimpse of one that was a bit different but beautiful nonetheless. I took it to the dressing room myself, and unzipped the bag it was in then took it out and slipped into it.

Unlike all the others that the lady had to clip in the back to tighten, this one fit perfectly.

I walked out of the dressing room for the others to see and when they did all of them stared in awe, I turned to look in on of the three mirrors behind me and felt my heart beat skip.

It was a bit on the untraditional side, from the waist down it was white silk that had a slit on the left side to show my leg, above the waist it was made entirely out of floral lace, covering both of my breast but see through in the middle of them to give a V-neck effect.

I was in love with it, I finally found it.

"This is the one." I say turning to the girls who each have smiles on their faces.

"We agree." Spencer says.

I changed out of the dress and gave it to Josie who had taken my measurements so it could be hemmed up just a bit, seeing as that was the only thing that needed to be altered.

I paid for the dress and made plans to come pick it up in a few days after it was finished.

"Wait before you leave we have a tradition here that you have to take a photo with this." Josie says handing me a heart shaped sign that read, 'I said yes.'