6. Ghosts

-Arianna-

I woke up to find a note propped up on the night table with my named scrawled out on it in Christian's handwriting,

Good morning beautiful,

Sorry I had to leave, my business partner called me into the office to look over papers, I'll be back soon. My card is on the counter, go out and buy some breakfast and whatever you want.

-Christian

I smiled and put the not back down on the table then reluctantly pulled myself out of the bed and grabbed Christian's t-shirt from the ground putting that over my body then make my way over to his bathroom.

I rummage through his cabinets until I find a new package of toothbrushes and open it taking out the pink one and begin to brush my teeth with it.

As much as I hate putting on used clothes, I had no other choice, seeing as I had no clue I would be spending the night. I got situated into my clothes then tied on my vans before putting my hair up into a messy bun.

I walked over to grab my bag and took the spare key he left me and walked out the door.

The nearest coffee shop was not far away at all, and the walk was needed after all the junk food I consumed last night while watching movies.

I entered the coffee shop and removed the sunglasses from my eyes skimming over the menu before I found exactly what I wanted, I made my way up to the barista and ordered my caramel cappuccino then waited off to the side while they made it for me.

Once I got it I decided to take it back to the apartment and make something to eat, I walked out of the coffee shop and began walking towards the end of the street when I heard my name be called from behind me.

I turned around to the voice and immediately regret it, I quickly turn back around in the direction I was heading when the voice got closer.

"Arianna!"

I take a sharp turn back to face him, "Stay away from me Sean."

"No no no! I'm not going to hurt you, I- I promise, just listen to me."

"Why should I?" I ask feeling both angry and scared at once.

"Because I've changed, I promise Ari, just talk to me. We can go inside where there's a lot of people if you want to, I just want to talk."

I don't know why I agreed, I guess it was more of me wanting to conclude that part of my life already and move on from it finally, but the next thing I knew I was sitting in a booth with Sean drinking coffee and sharing small talk.

"Didn't think I'd ever run into you again." He says with a soft laugh.

"Yeah what are you doing in Cleveland anyway?" I say with a bit of sass that wasn't intended but came out anyway.

"Rehab." She mutters looking down at his coffee.

"Wait you were in rehab?"

"Yeah, finally went after all these years. I got out about six months ago but I loved the city so much I decided to stay." He explains with a smile.

I can't help but feel proud of him, "Well good for you Sean."

"Look now that I have you here," He begins getting me to listen intently at every word he says.

"I just want to finally say sorry for everything I did to you, you never deserved any of it. Especially what I did that night before you left, that wasn't okay and after going to get help, when I was sitting in my room all alone those things I did to you came back to haunt me and I beat myself up for it."