28. This Christmas

I feel bouncing from the middle of my bed, I try to ignore it though and go back to sleep but to no avail it kept going, and eventually shook me awake.

"Mama." I here come from my side where my awake child places her hand gently on my cheek.

"Mama." She repeats.

"Yes?" I ask still with my eyes closed.

"Presents?" She mumbles.

"That's tomorrow baby." I whisper.

"No mama." I smile and open my eyes to see her standing over me, her curly locks draping over her face in a curly mess.

"You have to wait for tomorrow princess."

She pouts and I begin to see tears forming in her eyes, "Oh no, don't do that to me."

"Jaime!" I shout.

In just a few short seconds Jaime walks in fully dressed with a beanie sitting on his head, "What's up?"

"Your daughter wants the p word." I say trying not to say the actual word.

"Yeah she saw me putting one under the tree earlier, I told her to come ask you if she could open one." He laughs getting me to give him an eye roll.

"Well now look at her." I say pointing to Lilah who now has one single tear falling down her cheek.

"You've gotta wait until tomorrow Lilah bear." Jaime says coming over to lay on the bed, wiping his thumb over her tear stained cheek.

She simply nods her head and crawls off the bed and out the door towards her room, "A year and ten months going on fifteen." Jaime mumbles with a shake to his head.

I laugh then peel the covers off my body, going straight to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

Today if you haven't noticed is Christmas Eve, our first Christmas as a family and I'm pretty thrilled, we went all out on the decorating with a big tree and fake snow everywhere, Christmas being my favorite holiday still hasn't changed whatsoever. I LOVE IT.

Though, tonight we'll be spending Christmas Eve at Spencer and Tony's, everyone will be over here tomorrow for Christmas dinner.

Jaime and I did a great job at spoiling Lilah this Christmas because the little nugget has about fifteen or so presents under the tree, and that's not including the big gifts. We had Chris take care of Lilah while we went shopping a few weeks ago and Jaime took the liberty in piling anything he saw in the basket.

She's been in absolute awe since she saw all the gifts that we finally put out the other day, every day asking if she can open one, only to be disappointed that she has to wait.

Update on the little squirt though, twenty-two months and she's finally beginning to talk clearly now instead of the babbling it used to be. She's picked up on words that Jaime and I say or whoever she's with, she'll mimic them until she learns it, she's so smart that it surprises me a bit on how fast she's learning.

The more she grows the more she looks like Jaime though, and it scares me sometimes because I look at her and it's like I'm looking at a miniature Jaime, but he loves it of course.

I get out of the shower and quickly change into something comfortable to do some last minute errands before tonight, seeing as I'm baking some things and going around town to find materials I need to make them.

I slip into a pair of high waist skinny jeans then throw on a white t-shirt and tie some classic white converse on my feet before heading to my vanity to begin my makeup.