seven

“get up get up get up,” I repeated, bouncing up and down on the bed, pulling the blankets off of him. drew just grumbled and pulled the blankets back over his body.

“RISE AND SHINE COME ON WE HAVE TO GOOOO.”

“anna, the sun isn't even up yet. you're insane. go back to bed.”

“that's the point. please trust me, we're running out of time!” I explained, getting slightly impatient. I was already dressed and ready to go, but the real challenge was getting him ready to go, too.

“ughhhhh. I'm up,” he mumbled as he slowly made his way to the bathroom.

“fifteen minutes. we're going to miss it!” I yelled as l practically dragged him out of the house. we hopped into the car, headed to one of my favorite spots.

without a word, I led him to sit where I do when I come here— a rock perch overlooking the water.

we couldn't see much when we left the house, but everything was beginning to be washed with color as the sun seemed to emerge from the lake before us. you could see the deer along the shore with their babies, and the birds were starting to chirp. the seemingly dull colored trees now a vibrant green in the coming sunlight. the water began to glimmer with excitement for the new day.

drew reached over and grabbed my hand, still taking in his surroundings. “this is... this is beautiful. thank you.”

I switched between watching the sunrise and watching him watching the sunrise. I would occasionally feel his eyes on me when I wasn't looking. I caught him once, and he looked away quickly, acting like he wasn't doing anything. I giggled and leaned over, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

“I have a question for you,” I stated. he looked at me quizzically and said, “go for it.”

“do you... maybe... want to spend the rest of our lives together? doing things like this?”

“of course. that sounds absolutely perfect,” he replied, pulling me in for another kiss. this time it lingered for longer than before. we sat until the sun was up in the sky, just playing with each other's hands and kissing and admiring the scenery (which included admiring each other, also).
it was momentary bliss and we didn't want the moment to end.

I really, truly hope he knows that my love for him is deeper than any body of water, and that he shines brighter than the sun that was rising above the mountains. that nature is the most amazing thing there is, next to him.