Zombieland //How You Meet//

((I thought it would only make sense if I posted the first chapter of this book on October 5th, the 33rd birthday of our glorious, adorable, hot and humble actor, Jesse Eisenberg. Enjoy!))

It was your first day on the set of the movie, Zombieland. You were a little nervous, seeing everything was meant to be so gruesome for the movie. It was your first Rated-R movie you've ever filmed, it was also your first zombie movie, and of course you were filming with movie star legends, Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray. You'd be lying if you said you weren't a little bit intimidated. In this movie, you're called Pittsburgh and you're the main character/narrator, Columbus' sister.

Today, the cast and crew of the film were meant to sit around their large tables and read through the script, jotting down notes and stopping whenever needing to discuss a topic. Topics such as how they were going to do specific parts or what they would be using as props, or maybe where these scenes were taking place.

You take a deep breath and walk into the conference room area of the studio building. People were either sitting or standing around, talking about the movie or other things, either introducing themselves or talking to each other like close friends would. You take the spot where your name tag was with a water bottle and a bit of crackers by the side of it. You sit down, awkwardly alone, knowing you were more like the person who works with people for awhile first before finally making friends with them.

Soon, the meeting finally starts and everyone crowds around and sits at the tables. You make out Woody Harrelson right away amongst the people who introduce themselves in the small introduction at the beginning, and then you got to know your other fellow coworkers. Emma Stone, Bill Murray, Abigail Breslin, and Jesse Eisenberg. Of course, you weren't the kind of person to remember the names right away. You'd have to ask a second time for the person's name before you actually remember it and that's what you were so embarrassed about.

The young man, Jesse, sat beside you amongst the whole table during the conference meeting. He leaned on one side of his chair while you leaned on the opposite of yours, awkwardly avoiding and sitting away from each other to avoid conversation, like two students who were forced to be partnered up for a project. He wore a simple white t-shirt with a grubby old dress shirt unbuttoned over that, with blue jeans and sneakers to finish the college kid look.

Halfway through the meeting, you heard the sound of a bag being ripped opened up and looked over to realize that the Jesse kid had opened your bag of crackers nonchalantly while paying full attention to the director. You had this weird look plastered on your face while staring at him, realizing that he wasn't paying attention and must have opened your crackers by accident and not his. He was glued completely on the director's words that he hasn't noticed he was taking small bites of your crackers, and suddenly you grin out of amusement. To make this interesting, you wait until his hand was out of the bag and eating a cracker while paying attention to whoever was talking before you, too, also reached into the bag and grabbed a cracker, eating it more quietly than you usually would. You wanted him to notice, yes, but you also wanted to see how long it would take before that point.

This little routine carried on for another half hour before the meeting broke up and you stood before Jesse could. You smile triumphantly when he reaches for the cracker bag again, only to realize it was empty and it confused him. He swore there were more crackers in the bag then the ones he had already eaten. You suddenly giggle to make your presence known,

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say my crackers must've tasted better than yours."

Jesse's bluish, green speckled eyes peer up from under his curly locks to stare up at you in confusion, still seating in his chair. He scrunches his eyebrows then looks back down at the empty bag in his hand, then you observe as his head tilts when he noticed his full, actual cracker bag on the other side of him. He realizes his mistake and quickly becomes a stuttering mess, standing up to make you realize he was only a couple inches taller than you.