She wanted to marry me?

"Why" I shouted crawling backwards slowly.

"Baby I'm so alone here, in this world. I'm really lonely. I don't have any ghost friends, I'm left all alone" she paused and started floating towards me.
My blood was already frozen.

"I want you to be with me" she said placing her ice cold hands on my warm chin.

I shook her hand and shouted "you are dead Leshia, you are fucking dead"

I could see the anger in her eyes.

"You have completely lost it. You are no more a human. You are a spirit, a ghost, a fucking evil ghost"

I crawled towards the door. Slowly slowly. Please Jesus help me get out of here.
But it seems that she sensed it. She floated towards the door and I saw a hint of sorrow in her eye.
What sorrow? Are you crazy Maureen? But soon it disappeared and again darkness clouded her eyes.

"You are going to come with me Maureen" she started getting more angrier. I could feel my heart beat fast!!

"No Leshia you are dead"

"But I'm here Maureen, right in front of you. And let me tell you one thing, being a ghost is more awesome than being a human"

"But I'm happy as a human"

"I will not let you be happy then"

"Please Leshia, why are you doing this to me. You are my past now. You are already LEFT BEHIND" I stressed my last words as tears blurred my vision.

"I'll never let myself be your past. I'll follow you until you beg me for your death"

"I will never" I shook my head.

"You will Maureen. I'll make your life a living hell. You know that we promised to stay together, and I won't let you be alone"

"I'm not alone"

"You are, Maureen"

"Please stop this Leshia, agree and stick to the point that you are dead. Now I can't be with you and that forever ended the day when you were lying on your death bed"

"Stop it. Forever is yet to come"

"No Leshia. Please leave me. Your and mine world is different now. Completely!!! We were best friends and I don't think any best friend hurts her best friend so much and haunts her to death"

"We are not just best friends Maureen. I love you"

"I know Leshia I loved you too but you are dead now"

"I didn't love you as a friend Maureen" her words ringed in my ears. What was she trying to say? Was she a les-....... No no!! Stop it you dumb head!!

"What do you mean" still words escapes from my mouth.

"I loved you as a boy does to a girl, like Romeo did with Juliet, I wanted to marry you" she stated.

What the fuck just happened? She was a lesbian? A bisexual and I didn't even knew? All the time I thought she was my best friend she thought me as........

Never! How could this be? I ain't going nowhere now. Imma just stick to my life. I will not die, especially because of her!!!

"Are you crazy? I shouted.

"Yes. You make me crazy Maureen. I love you"

Freaking nuts? Are you? God get me out of here please!!!

Before she could do anything we both heard knocks on my door. My head shot towards the door and I ran towards it.

"Maureen, are you in there?" I could hear Christoph's voice.

"Christoph please help me" I shouted.

"I'll come back Maureen. I'll come back and I will take you with me" Leshia said and disappeared in the dark.

I hurriedly pushed the door and collapsed on the ground.

My eyes were swollen. My hairs were hovering over my face, making it look disguised.

Christoph knelt down beside me and hugged me. I hugged him back. I cried and cried.....

"What's wrong?" He asked.

That's it!! I couldn't take it anymore.
"She, she was here Christoph"

"Who?"

"Leshia"

His eyes seemed to reflect love mixed with anger. I don't know what was that!!

"Calm down Maureen, I know you've been through a lot and it happens!! You just need rest" he said.

Did he just disagree with my statement? Scratch that!! He just said that I'm hallucinating?

"You don't believe me?" I looked in his eyes.

"I- I do. It's just that you need rest Maureen"

WTF?

"So you...you don't believe me? I knew it" I shook him away and freed myself from his embrace.

"Wait, I'll show you something" I stood up and directed him towards my room.

"See, see the pieces of glass spread on the floor. She did this" without even looking on the floor I pointed my index finger towards it.

"Umm...."

"What? Did you see that! She was about to pierce these glasses in my body. I'm saved by Jesus, thank---" he stopped me in midway.

"Maureen you really need rest" he's impossible!!!

I turned towards the floor and saw..........NOTHING?
Where are the glass pieces? Holy shit man? They were right here!

"They were right here Christoph" I knelt on the floor and started roaming my hands like I'll find those glass pieces.

"Maureen" he shouted and took me by my shoulders.

"There is nothing. Do you understand?" He shook me.

"Christoph please believe me, she was here. Right here in my room" I broke down in tears.

"Just rest" he said and took me to bed.

I laid there but still I was blabbering "she wants to take me Christoph. She'll kill me"

"Calm your nerves girl, no one can harm you until I'm here"

"No one can but SHE CAN"

"Look, I'm here to protect you"

"But you can't"

"Listen Maur--"

"I don't want to listen anything, I thought you'd believe me. But you proved me wrong Christoph. I hate you" I said and covered myself with sheets.

I heard him sigh and mutter something under his breathe "I'll protect you"

With that he left my room. And I was again left alone with my thoughts.

"She wanted to marry me?" I spoke and soon sleep took me under it's embrace.

******

Heya honey bunnies! 😁
How was this one? Quiet shocking right!! Beware you might have friends like Leshia!!! Just kidding!!

Anyways do share this book with your buddies. Please!!!! Show your support.

Votecommentshare