The locket

I let the breeze hit my face softly.
I was still in the garden, thinking about Leshia.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Leshia said pointing towards my bare feet which were touching the grass.

"Feeling nature"

"Oh, Maureen. You get so lost in nature that you don't even listen to my talks" she said folding her hands.

"Uhh!! Leshia, I come here to get rid of your talks for sometime" I said teasingly.

"Wow!! You wanna get rid of me?"

"Yeah" I winked.

"One day, I'll leave you forever and that day you'll beg to hear my voice and my talks"

"Seriously?"

"Ya"
With that I started tickling her.

I never knew that, that one day will come so soon.
I miss you Leshia.
I didn't even realised that I was crying, but after she went away, crying became a common thing for me.
I used to be so tough that even if someone hits me with a hammer, I wouldn't shed a tear. And just look at me now, the smallest memory of hers makes me cry.

"Why god? Why did you take her away? She was like my sister, she was my best friend" I said.

I got up from the bench and made my way towards the garden's exit.
I left the garden and was about to cross the road but I stopped.

I saw an old lady, she looked like she was in her 70's. She had completely blonde hairs and she was wearing a long plain skirt paired with a red sweater.

She was carrying a lot of bags, she was about to trip but I ran up to her and caught her on time.
Hufffff!!!

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yes, thank you" she said as she tried to smile.

"If you don't mind, can I help you?"

"You are really a good girl, thank you" I held her bags, and I helped her in crossing the road.

"Wait!!" She said.

"Is there any problem?"

"No, I'll get a taxi from here"

"Okay, but where do you live?"

"I live in south California"

"Oh" I was quiet shocked, because it's north California and she lived in south California. So she might have come here for some work.