Life as a Vampirette Part 8

Here it is.. the long awaited chapter... lol sorry readers... :/

Flashbacks will be in italics

____________________________________

It was around 3am on a Monday night and we were crouched inside a yacht in the empty harbor of New York City.

"Scarlett!" I whispered, as I pointed at the boy standing at the edge of the jetty alone. He was completely motionless, just staring into the waters below. We had followed him here because he caught my attention on the bus journey here and I couldn't take my eyes off him. It was as if I was under a spell.

"What?" She said, rather loudly. We had managed to follow him all this way without him knowing, I wasn't going to get caught now!

"Shut up!" I whispered even quieter. We jumped from boat to boat quickly and silently until we were just a few metres away from him on the water.

He was beautiful. My vision was crystal clear and I could see every feature of his face from here. He had the shiniest blue eyes... wait, maybe that was just the reflection of the water? He looked about 18 or something with flawless skin and full, pink lips. Those lips...

"He's so.." I struggled to find the right word as Scarlett looked at me with a stupid grin on her face.  

"Hot?" She suggested.

I smiled "Yes, but so much more..."

There had to be another word though... Handsome? Attractive? Athletic? Fit?

"Thanks." I froze at the male voice interupting my thoughts.

In a flash, the boy was no longer standing on the jetty, he was now in the boat with us. He flashed me a wicked grin. I could sense he was a vampire. Well, that and the fact his canines were prominant in his mouth.

"Hi." He said. I was speechless. "What? Now you're not gonna say anything? You have been stalking me this whole time!" 

He laughed.

"Okay, don't flatter yourself, asshole." I said bluntly.

"Oh, but I think you've been doing all the flattering, Violet." He must have heard Scarlett call me that. Damn it. I don't even know his name. Spreaking of Scarlett, she was now nowhere to be seen. How convenient.

"Okay, whatever, I didn't know you were a vampire, I thought you looked pretty tasty." I smirked before realising how that sounded, but he was already laughing. "To drink your blood. You would have been meat." I added. I thanked my vampire skin, If I was a human, I'd be bright red by now.

"Yeah, right." He said with conviction.

"What's your name?"

"What's it to you?"

I sighed dramatically. "Cut the crap. Just tell me."

"Jay." He said.

"Nice."  I said. "Well bye, Jay." I lifted off the ground and fle about a foot backwards, about to go look for Scarlett. 

"Wait!" Jay shouted, and I saw his eyes widen when I started to fly. "Where are you going?"

"Home." I told him.

"Can I come?" 

"What?"

"Can I come with you?"

"Why?"

"I don't have anywhere to sleep tonight-"

"Yeah right, like that's been a problem for you before."

He smirked. "Just let me come?"

I reached down and grabbed his arm pulling him up into the air.

"Woah. Okay. That's a pretty useful power I suppose."

"What's yours?"

Suddenly, Jay disappeared infront of me. I let go of the arm which was no longer there.

"HEY!" I heard a bang and looked down to see Jay hit the deck of the boat below. "What did you let me go for?"

"You were gone!" I exclaimed. I reached down and pulled him again.

"You asked me to show you my power!" He stated. "And I did. I can become invisible."

"No, I didn't" I pointed out. " I asked you what your power was, I didn't want a demonstration."

"Okay, point taken, whatever. Can we go now." He grabbed my shoulder to pull himself around me and clasped his hands infront of my chest while he pressed his chest against my back. Having him this close to me made me feel strange but in a good way.

"Scarlett, come on!" I called and Scarlett appeared on the deck below in a flash.

"I'll find my own way back." She said. " I'll let you two lovebirds go on alone."

Damn you Scarlett! Why did she have to say that? "Oh shut up!" I said and I felt Jay smile against my shoulder.

**

"Ah-wooo..." I heard from behind me but there was no-one there.

I felt two arms snake around my waist, but when I looked down, again, there was nothing there. Suddenly they appeared and I smiled when I felt Jay's breath fann against my ear. "Hey, baby."

______________________________________

Again sorry for the long wait, was it worth it? And opinions on the new cover? :))

ps there is a picture of Jay on the side, in case you are finding it hard to visualise what he looks like.