Life as a Vampirette

Scarlett laughed " I can't believe you actually said that to him!"  

"You should have seen his face!" I smiled at my best friend, who was sitting with her legs crossed on my bed. I was kneeling on the soft green duvet and messing about and rocking back and fourth beside Scarlett. I got up and started jumping on the bed. I was making Scarlett bounce up and down when I lost my footing and fell off.

 My head hit my glass bedside table as I fell to the floor. I sat up, reached up and touched the back of my head where the pain was. It felt wet so I looked at my hand. Blood covered it.

"Oh crap." I looked at Scarlett who was staring at my hand. Then her eyes changed. Her black pupils widened and turned red while her irises became jet black. I knew that look and had to act quickly. I turned around and reached up and grabbed the silver necklace lying on my windowsill. The vampirette bared her teeth and I threw the necklace at her. It hit her between the eyes and she stumbled backwards. Her eyes changed back as she shook her head.  

" I'll go clean this up" I motioned to the back of my head, shaking, my breathing erractic. I got up and went to the bathroom where I washed the blood off my hand and got out the first aid kit to bandage my head up. As I walked back into my room I imagined that Scarlett would start apologising to me and telling me how my quick thinking had saved my life. If she hadn't have told me about how silver does something to vampires that washes their brain so they zone out of their hunting mode, I would probably be changing into a vampirette right now. I hadn't expected to see what I saw when I walked into my room. 

Scarlett was licking the carpet and I soon realised she was in hunting mode. She was sucking from the pool of blood which had stained the carpet in my bedroom. She turned to me and I recognised her red pupils. I knew she was hungry for more blood. She was at my throat in a split second. There was no silver around. So this is the end of my human life, I thought. I closed my eyes as a single tear ran down my cheek and fangs sank into my neck.

___________________________________ 

Please read on. I have fixed the mistake in Part 2 of my story. xx