Chapter 17

I sit on my knees, my hair up in a messy pony tail. My blue and purple plaid shirt rolled up on the sleeves and paint on my hands as I sigh wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. Ive been painting the wall for three months now. The remodel is what took it so long. I don't remember if I said if I moved or not. I moved out of the big house and moved into another on a 15 acres. Willow trees scatter the meadow that is my yard. Its spacy and away from all the Media and city area. The TV  speaks softly behind me about "the mystery girl revealed"  Let me just tell you what the whole Story says.

An anonymous post came to our servers today.
A recent event for a charity service was ruined by a mystery guest in red. They are calling her the red devil.
Stories are saying that she was seen being auctioned off on the first dance.
The story we were given says that the "red devil" is a worker at a suit and gown shop. They have also stated that the "Red Devils" Name is Alannah Matthews and lives in poverty and has snuck into multiple events prior to the Charity event.
If you have more information please contact us.

So now I'm living the life. Everyone knows my name, every knows what I've done, and they're calling me a "Red Devil". They see me as the "Menace taking advantage of charity funds and not paying my dues." Although I did pay the seventy thousand dollars for the vacation cabin, I also anonymously gave the Mayor a gracious amount of money for homeless shelters and sent people who were less fortunate a good chunk of money. No one knows me for these good deeds but I did them. Now all im known as is the "Red Devil."

I'm ruined.  A knock wakes me from my thoughts as I look at it and sigh standing wiping my hands on my shirt as I open the door. The one person I wasnt expecting stood.

"Theodore... What are you doing here?" I ask as he looks at me. "You moved." He states the obvious shifting back and fourth on his feet. I roll my eyes and lean against the door frame as I stare at him. "Yes obviously." I say a tinge of Sarcasm in my voice. "What are you doing here...?"

"I uh... I was worried about you last night." He murmurs. Worried? Ha? That's funny. Fucking Hilarious. He looks past me and at the wall as his eyes widen and I mirror him stepping out quickly and closing the door. "Was that...?" He starts, "Yes... no... yes.. its irrelevant. Just forget about it..." I murmur and shake my head. "Look im here, im fine, im painting. Go away." I turn opening the door as he grabs my hand I freeze and close my eyes. 

"Lannah listen to me. Please just hear me out about Ms.Gander." He murmurs as I glance at him and yank my hand away and going inside. "Alannah!" I slam the door shut and lean against it taking a breath and closing my eyes. I don't want to hear Ms.Peacocks name, I dont want to discuss what happened at the banquet and I dont want to discuss the fight.  I wish he would just see that and leave me the hell alone. 

"Alannah listen to me please." Theodore pleaded. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Theodores P.O.V)

I leaned my head against the door and sighed closing my eyes. I just want to make things right, what happened at the banquet was truth but she... She is so mad at me right now. 

"You have Three minutes... If I'm not convinced that what you are saying is true then I'm going to walk away from the door without a word... If I'm convinced Ill open the door. You now have 2 minutes and thirty seconds and counting so you better start talking Theodore Hast.." She mumble through the door as my eyes widen. 

"She was business! You automatically assumed she was my girlfriend or date. For christ sake she's as old as my mom! Alannah... I miss you. Ive missed you for over a year, for the year that you left I didn't know what to do with myself. I lost so many business opportunities, Miss Ganders came to me offering a business opportunity as long as I accompanied her to this party."

A few minutes passed. She doesn't believe me. I pushed away from the door starting to head back to my car when the door opened. I turned back around to meet a tear stained face of Alannah. Fresh tears streaming down her face and her arms, which have scars and clear fresh cuts on them, hugging herself as she stepped out. 

"Im not strong enough for anymore heart break Theo... Im not strong enough to live... Can you not see that?" She asked in a whisper as more tears poured down her face. "Im not as strong as I once was... I need someone to lean on someone to help me build up my walls." She continued as I frowned softly. "Please don't hurt me anymore..." She finished sobbing as I jolted forward and hugged her tightly. She continued to sob. 

"Alannah Im so sorry..." slowly she wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my shirt. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She allowed me into her house. I made myself comfortable as she cleaned up the paints from off the floor. I was admiring the art work on the wall. It was of a girl and a guy in a intimate embrace dancing slowly. Although the painting was standing still it looked as if they were dancing across the wall. I knew where this came from, It was something that made her happy once. It was a beautiful painting. Slowly standing I walked over to her as she put her paint brushes in a strainer and wiped her hands off. 

"Im going to be making spaghetti if you want to stay..." She murmured the hint of depression still in her voice. How was I going to change this? I sighed internally and smiled nodding. 

"I would love to stay for dinner."