Chapter 14

(Mr.Hast)

Her head was bowed as I looked down at her. She stopped sizing my pants, it was irritating. I shouldn't be feeling this way about someone who threw me out of their lives. But I felt guilt, guilt is what I felt all the time. This song that came on seems to have stopped her.
"If you love me don't let go." "Hold onto me I'm a little unsteady."
"Alannah?" I spoke softly as she let out a soft sob.
"I..." She chocked but still didn't look up.
She's crying?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Alannah)

Quickly I stood up turning away from him. "Alannah... Look at me." He ordered. I don't need to listen to his orders. He can't order me around he has a girlfriend.
I took a breath and looked towards the counter.
"Lauren! Can you come finish Mr.Hast." I said cracking at his name and quickly walking away. Lauren looked at me, I felt both of their eyes on me but Lauren walked over and continued with Mr.Hasts sizing.
Bursting into the backroom I took a breath and composed myself. You broke a fucking rule! 
My subconscious sneered at me as I shook my head. It was that stupid song. Now he knows how broken you are.
"Shut up!" I yelled at myself holding my head as tears fell down my face again.
"Mr.Hast!" Laurens voice muffled through the door. "Mr.Hast you can't go back there!" The door jolts me forward as I step away from the door and turning to meet Mr.Hast. I'm still crying, tears falling unwillingly down my face as he steps towards me I step back.
"Don't." I whisper but before I know it hes wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a hug. I struggle for a few seconds but his grip tightens on me and I'm helpless.
"Alannah..." He whispers in my ear as I cry harder. My arms trapped between our chests.
"You have a girlfriend Theodore..." I murmur and glance up at him. He wipes my tears away with his thumb and frowns.
"So? Youre my friend, I can still comfort you." He whispers as I push him away.
"You don't understand do you?" I snap as I sniffle. He frowns obviously clueless as I look at him.
I love you!
Quickly I shake my head.

"My shift is over. Lauren will finish your fitting..." I whisper walking past him as I lean over the counter grabbing my bag and plastic container. Pulling on my jacket I hear Mr.Hast walking towards me as I quickly walk out, getting into my car, and locking the doors. He knocks on the window. "Alannah why won't you talk to me!?" He snaps as I glance at him and shake my head driving off.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I lay staring at my ceiling, I want to sleep, but I can't.
Tyler... Why am I being stubborn?
I sigh deeply and close my eyes. I need to sleep. Just for tonight I need to sleep. Slowly I slip into darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Alannah." The familiar voice calls to her. The voice of an angel. "Alannah go to the banquet tomorrow." The voice sings. Tyler. A hand reaches out cupping her face as he kisses her nose softly. "Go and be beautiful. Go and be proud. I have a mask for you. It will suit you. " He kisses her softly as she cries.
"I miss you Tyler." Is all she can say. "I need you here with me" is the only plead she can let out.
Tyler smiles and strokes her face lightly with his knuckles. "You don't need me." He murmurs and kisses her cheek again.
-----------------------------------------------------
I jump awake and look around sighing. Go to the banquet? Can I do that? I smile softly. I will go to the banquet. I know the perfect outfit.

------------------------------------------------------

I stand on the pedestal at Tiffany's Suit and Gowns. The dress hung on one shoulder. It was long black and red that flowed at the ends. Lauren stood behind me doing my hair as I put my earrings and makeup on.

"You look gorgeous Alannah" she whispered as she put the last pin in my hair. I smiled as I looked at the necklace and bracelet.
"I think I'll go without necklace and bracelet. " I murmur glancing at her as she nods.
"Oh! I almost forgot. It's a masquerade. The woman was talking about it before she left. " She jumps down and disappears into the back room. I glance at the mirror and step down turning and looking at the dress. I smiled softly as I put my heals on. They gave me a 3 inch lift as I smiled. It's been so long since I smiled, since I looked and felt beautiful. But at what cost? I was going by myself. Why was I even going to this masquerade?
I sighed as my smile slowly turned into a frown. Just go and have a little fun.
I closed my eyes and sighed. The masquerade will have charity offering. I still have a generous amount of money and I can give it away.
"Here." Lauren whispered standing behind me as I turned. Lauren was shorter then me. Much shorter but she was the only friend that I had, that I wanted. She has been there for me for a year. Well... She forced herself into my life. I smiled as I removed the red cloth off of the mask. It was beautiful, red and black specked with diamonds. It was elegant, it matched my dress. "And it's very expensive." Lauren added to my thoughts and I looked at her and smirked. "I know. " I grabbed the mask and put it on my face and tied the black ribbons on. You couldn't even tell it was me under the mask. It was beautiful, it hid who I was. A honk jumped me from my thoughts. "Claude!" I exclaim as I look at Lauren. "I have to go. " Quickly I lean down and peck her cheek grabbing my clutch and rushing towards the door.
The time is coming. I'm going to this masquerade. "Alannah!" Lauren shouted as I quickly turned around she sprayed me with perfume. "Alright good go!" She smirked as I smirked back at her. "See you later Lauren!" I climbed into the car as Claude looked at me.
"Putana! You look beautiful!" Claude exclaims as I smile telling him the address.
This is it. Live or die. I smile and lean back. Well see.