The Lost Prince

In the Kingdom of Birala, there lived a great king and his queen. His queen was in labor, and was bearing a baby boy.

"A little harder you Highness." said the royal nurse.

The queen groaned in pain. Using all her remaining force to push the precious little infant out.

"Almost there, your highness." said the royal nurse.

She once again groaned while bringing the boy out of her womb. After all the pain and struggles, it was finally over.

"It's a boy." said the royal nurse while carrying the newborn and handed it over to the queen.

"His beautiful." The queen panted.

"He is indeed. He looks just like you." said the king.

"I am going to name him Adrien, . . " said the queen.

The king just cried tears of joy. Looking at his wife sing a lullaby to her newborn.

"Gabriel?" 

"Yes?"

"Promise me to keep Adrien safe and protect him with any kind of harm. Take good care of him and raise him to be a better person, to be a role model to each and every individual in Birala. Let him explore the world, and what lies beyond the walls of Birala," the queen choked out her last words. "Could you grant my last wishes Gabriel? Could that for me?"

A tear slipped in his eye as he couldn't accept the fact she wasn't going to make it. He wiped his tears and spoke up.

"Yes and I will." he took her hand.

The queen looked at her son one last time and slowly drift off to sleep. Leaving her king and the crying infant.

------

Months have passed and chaos happened all over the kingdom. There were wars and plots against the royal family in the kingdom. The king thought he couldn't raise the poor infant.

"I'm sorry Emery, I can't raise him." he said.

He kept the infant in a basket. The king slipped a ring in the infant's ring finger at his right hand. It was a platinum ring with a cat paw in the middle. In that way, he will know that he is the Prince of Birala.

Suddenly, he heard faint footsteps coming this way. He quickly hid behind the tree and examined the whole scene. It was a woman carrying a basket of apples. She heard a cry which caught her attention and made her way to the crying sound. She came into a halt and saw an infant in a basket.

'Oh! Poor little child. Where did your parents go?" she began scan at her surroundings and saw nothing but the huge trees around her.

"Looks like I will be the one who will take care of you, Felix." she said and happily brought the child with her.

Even if he couldn't raise his own son but he knew that he would be safe in her hands.

------

"Felix! Time for.breakfast!"

"Coming mom!" he groaned and got on his feet.

20 years have already passed and Adrien grew in a poor family in the southern district of Gayala.

"What took you so long to go down in here? Do you want to eat yout breakfast or what?"

He just took a spoonful of meat ignoring the question. After taking one last spoon of meat, He made his way to his bedroom. He hopped on his bed and watched the sun as it rises. He smiled and looked down at his ring. His mother used to tell him the story on how he found him crying in the basket. His thoughts were interrupted by a yell.

"Felix! Come on down here right this instant!"

He let out a huge sigh and went all the way downstairs.

"Felix we're running out of food! Hurry up and get some!"

He nodded and went straight to the market.

When Adrien reached in the age of 9, he was taught how to steal and was forced to for the living of his family.

"Hey you there! Give my meat back!" a man shouted which caught the guard's attention.

He quickly ran out of the market and was chased again by the guards. To avoid getting recognized, he made his very own mask. He escaped from them as usual and made his way to his house.

"I'm ho-" He was greeted by complete darkness. The lights were usually on and finds his mother knitting whenever he arrives.

"Mom?" he cried out in the dark.

He lit up the fire and and began looking around the house. He went to the kitchen but saw nothing. He went to the living room, the storage room, but still no signs of her. The last room he didn't go yet was his mother's room. He made his way to his mother's  room and saw nothing but  an apron covered with blood. He slowly took it and realized who owned it. The poor boy began to sob and that was the night when he thought he lost everything.

-------

5 months later after he lost his family, Adrien moved to the forest. He discovered and learned so many things in the woods.

"Good morning fellas!" He stretched and greeted the animals around him, which are so-called his friends.

"How are feeling today, Plagg?" he asked the wild racoon. He ran his fingers through its fur and chuckled.

Then somewhere out of the blue, he heard a cry coming from a horse. Curious, he quickly made his way to the crying sound. Little did he know that the path he was heading to will change his life forever.

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you for everything.   

By the way, Gayala means "Ladybug" in Bengali and Birala means "Black cat" in Bengali. If you have any suggestions of the names of the kingdoms, let me know in the comments.

I'm really sorry if Tikki and Plagg are not in their original form. Don't worry, they are not really important in this story.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter!