Free

"F-Free? What're you talking about?" You asked.

            He smiled in an odd way, it wasn't a kind smile, it wasn't fake. There was no way to explain the expression he now had.

            "This band that we're in.. It obviously has positions. There are leader positions of course, but I allowed others to have those. Now, in order to let them fill their positions, I have to try and not be in the so called... Spotlight. So, being in second place is natural for me. In fact, it's my job," Taehyung explained. He laughed.

            They were basically changing his character.

            "Yoongi? Did you know about all this?" He looked at the ground.

                He did. He knew all along, they probably all knew.

               "I've been breaking the rules, ______, and I've been put in the spotlight. I forced myself to be front and center, for you. I wanted you, I wanted to be first."

                  The way he'd worded that made you feel uneasy.

                    "I forced myself to be front and center, for you. I wanted you, I wanted to be first."

                    "What makes me so important?" You asked cautiously.

                   He laughed.

                    "I can't explain it, nobody can. There's just something about you, but sadly, that's just something I can't have." He smiled and looked at the both of you.

                     "From here on out, no more drama from us, alright? You two are free to be with each other now." He pecked your nose before abruptly leaving the room.

You didn't know what to think.

They did this to him, but he's alright with that?

Yoongi's gaze brought you out of your thoughts before you got too into it. You could always feel it when he looked at you, a lot more than when anyone else did.

"Are we together? Is that it?" He asked. You could see how wary he was being of you.

"Yeah. We're together," You replied, offering him a warm smile.

"Now you need rest, would you rather lay down at the dorm?" It didn't seem like he really had to think about your question, he already had an answer.

"Yeah, thank you." He finally returned your smile, which made you feel a million times better.

"Alright, let's go." He followed you out to the front desk, where you checked him out.

"Make sure he rests well before he tries doing too much," The nurse at the front ordered.

You nodded and thanked the woman before you and Yoongi started walking towards the dorm.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw him look up at the sky. It was dark blue, almost black, and littered with stars.

"I never stopped loving you, not even when we were apart," He suddenly said.

"I never stopped loving you either," You replied with a soft smile. He stopped walking and turned to you.

"This is how it's supposed to be, right?" He questioned, meeting your gaze.

"Definitely." He brought you into yet another hug, which you immediately returned.

"I love you so much, please don't forget that." His expression seemed sad almost.

"Yoongi?" He smiled again.

"I love you just as much," You said after a few seconds. His smile widened.

This is definitely how things are supposed to be.